Webheads in Action site and EVO2012 hashtag

  • sacato
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2012
      Hi All,

      Not sure who's responsible for maintaining the Webheads in Action site (http://webheadsinaction.org), but you might want to take a look at the twitter feed for the EVO2012 hashtag that appears in top of the lefthand column of the homepage.

      Seems that the hashtag has been hijacked by some upcoming Mixed Martial Arts event. For language learners it could be an interesting study of authentic vernacular English usage. It also might be deemed inappropriate by others.

      Perhaps it's time to pull down the widget for that hashtag.

      Best,
      scottlo
    • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2012
        Hi Scott--
        We use 2012EVO because the other was already taken, but it looks like a few martial arters have mixed into us, too.

        There probably won't be many more posts to 2012EVO, as EVO is over until next January-Feb. We'll probably need a new hashtag then.

        Thanks for the heads up!
        --Elizabeth HS