IEDRO Climate Fair

  • dottuta
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2012
      IEDRO has just started a climate fair to get videos, presentations, photos and stories about climate around the world. We hope to get at least one contribution from most, if not all, the countries in the world. With this in mind, is anyone interested in contributing? We hope it will be like the listen to the walls project or the ESL/EFL Student Showcase that was run a few years ago.

      http://iedroclimatefair.pbworks.com

      http://listentothewalls.pbworks.com/w/page/17909506/FrontPage

      http://esleflstudents.edublogs.org/

      There is a second plan to have researchers and scientists upload videos and presentations into Facebook about the work they are doing to rescue environmental data. We need as many people as possible to send the information about it to all the scientists, researchers and people involed in collecting data about climate that they know. The flyer is below.

      The International Environmental Data Rescue Organization (IEDRO) invites environmental researchers worldwide to share information about the data you collect, how you collect it, where it is located, how it is stored, and why. Send us your PowerPoint presentations or videos and we will promote them on our website, Facebook, blog, Twitter, Wiki and YouTube channels.

      We would like to have at least one presentation from every country in the world. To share your data collection story simply upload a copy of your video to IEDRO's Facebook page or send a copy to Pennell Paugh, Public Relations, at IEDRO.

      IEDRO is a US-based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with more than 90 volunteers worldwide who rescue and digitize historic environmental data. Our efforts are supported and endorsed by the United Nations' World Meteorological Organization, the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and other international organizations involved in the preservation and digitization of this invaluable data.

      Accessibility of historic environmental data enables researchers to accurately predict and prepare for our future. Rescuing historic environmental data will do more to prevent humankind's suffering and death than any other endeavor. We need your help - share your story - tell us how your contributions improve models depicting climate change, global warming, disease prevention, flood forecasting, famine abatement, and agriculture and other vital areas.

      Thanks in advance for your help and contributions.