How To Learn -- From Robert Bjork, Director Of UCLA Learning And Forgetting Lab

  • dk
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2012
      "Taking notes during class? Topic-focused study? A consistent learning
      environment? All are exactly opposite the best strategies for learning.
      Really, I recently had the good fortune to interview Robert Bjork, director
      of the UCLA Learning and Forgetting Lab, distinguished professor of
      psychology, and massively renowned expert on packing things in your brain in
      a way that keeps them from leaking out. And it turns out that everything I
      thought I knew about learning is wrong."

      This is about some interesting research on memory and learning and useful to
      us as teachers.

      http://www.science20.com/brain_candyfeed_your_mind/how_learn_robert_bjork_di
      rector_ucla_learning_and_forgetting_lab-86451

      Or

      http://bit.ly/A1nXRl

      Dave Kees