Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Easy to use. Low cost Webnar Hosting. Suggestions?

  • Daniel Bassill
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2012
      Thanks Vance,

      I continue to be impressed by how you and Web heads help each other and how you all have created a "collective library" that archives and makes available to others the ideas you share. I think this is a real value of the Internet.

      I think any "question" has lots of answers. I received three responses to my question via WebHeads and found a few more webnar info sites by a quick search of Google. If a group of volunteers, interns, students, etc. were tuned into our discussions on an on-going basis they could a) tell us where to look for an existing library of information related to a question; or b) start searching the web to build a library of anything they can find related to the question; then share it as it begins to grow.

      I transitioned from a non profit (beg for income) to a for-profit LLC (scrape for revenue)last summer and while I'm recognized as a "thought leader" in my field, I've not figured out how to generate revenue to support myself or the work I'm doing. One suggestion that would help more people know my ideas, and possibly earn some income, was to do monthly webnars sharing ideas I've already put on line in places like http://www.scribd.com/daniel-f-bassill-7291

      If the software is low-cost then the only expense is my time and the number of people who participate could be one or two people or as many as the webnar could hold. I would charge a small fee...maybe $50 (I'd like advise on this).

      Are any of the Webheads doing webnars on a fee-for-participation basis?

      I'm in Chicago. If I took part in the Sunday discussions what time of the day would that be for me? I can give it a try.

      Dan