Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: YLTSIG online today - Join us to discuss "Teaching very large classe

  • helen m davies
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2011
      Hi Dave
      yes this time of year is so busy for a lot of us. I'm keeling over with
      marking and reports :((
      We had a great talk with Harry Kuchah on Sunday 11th ( who has worked with
      YL and teens in Cameroon for nearly 15 years).
      I think Harry would agree if I said that he wasn't there to hand out his
      "pearls of wisdom" on teaching large classes. He shared his day to day work
      with classes of 80 - to 160 young pupils in stifling temperatures and a
      broken blackboard !
      It was very interesting to see how he managed to integrate creativity and
      group work into these classes and we had the rare treat of watching a video
      of Harry in the classroom and under the trees!
      There were folks from India and South America present who were in the same
      boat as him and the conversation was very interesting.
      There is a recording of the session online and I'm sure Harry will be
      pleased to answer and discuss things.
      Recording here http://yltsig.wordpress.com/

      Bye the way Dave (and anybody else !) - if you would like to talk about
      your teaching experiences then please do get in touch with us (Dennis,
      myself or ffinlo)
      bye for now
      Helen