Re: Vimeo video into WordPress

  • helen m davies
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2011
      Wow ffinlo
      Merci pour le cours
      :)))

      On Dec 13, 2011 8:46 AM, "ffinlo Kilner" <ffinlo@...> wrote:

      A search of the web gets this:****

      You can paste the Vimeo embed code in Wordpress' code view but DON'T switch
      back to the WYSIWYG editor, otherwise some of the code will get stripped
      out.****

      ** **

      A good option is vodpod.com/
      They do a Firefox plug-in which lets you post videos from vimeo directly to
      your blog. It works really nicely.****

      ** **

      Wordpress.com blogs now support the following embed codes (clip numbers are
      for demonstration):

      [vimeo vimeo.com/173714] or [vimeo 173714]****

      ** **

      Do not use the "visual" editor mode, use the text editor mode and then
      copy/paste the embed vimeo code in it. It works fine on my wordpress blog.**
      **

      ** **

      I just had to make sure when I was entering the code that I was in HTML
      mode (the tab is beside the "Add Media" options and the "Visual" tab when
      you write an entry.) Then I wrote [vimeo vimeo.com/145325] but replaced the
      numbers with the ID number of my own video (found in the URL bar when you
      are viewing your video). I hit "Save" or "Publish" while still in HTML mode
      and it worked!

      Sent from my iPhone