Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Webinar: Student Motivation and Classroom Management on Peruvian English Teachers Network

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2011
      Helen,

      Looks like an excellent tip. Thanks.

      Dennis

      On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 7:15 PM, helen m davies <helendavies06@...>wrote:

      > Dear all
      > I thought this webinar might be of interest for a lot of people - I for
      > one often stop at Larry's blogs in search of inspiration, and motivation
      > is one of "the" important subjects for all educators
      > cheers
      > Helen (D)
      >

      > **
      > Peruvian English Teachers
      > Network<
      > http://peruvianenglishteachersnet.ning.com/events/event/show?id=6376077%3AEvent%3A15639&xgi=1iabckKsbFGj5b&xg_source=msg_invite_event
      > >
      > Inspire, innovate, empower, and transform.
      > [image: Victor Hugo
      > R�]<
      > http://peruvianenglishteachersnet.ning.com/profile/33eyo9b71o7q5?xg_source=msg_invite_event
      > >
      > Victor Hugo Rojas
      > B.<
      > http://peruvianenglishteachersnet.ning.com/profile/33eyo9b71o7q5?xg_source=msg_invite_event
      > >
      > Victor Hugo Rojas B. has invited you to the event 'Webinar: Student
      > Motivation and Classroom Management' on Peruvian English Teachers Network!
      >
      > Check out "Webinar: Student Motivation and Classroom Management" on
      > Peruvian English Teachers Network
      >
      > Victor Hugo Rojas B.
      >
      > [image: Webinar: Student Motivation and Classroom
      > Management]<
      > http://peruvianenglishteachersnet.ning.com/events/event/show?id=6376077%3AEvent%3A15639&xgi=1iabckKsbFGj5b&xg_source=msg_invite_event
      > >
      > *Time:* December 13, 2011 from 4:30pm to 5:30pm
      > *Location:* Online
      > *Organized By:* Eye On Education
      >
      > *Event Description:*
      > Time: 4:30 PM Eastern Time
      > Do you struggle with ways to motivate your students? Do you find it
      > difficult to manage behavior in your classroom? Learn how to help your
      > students motivate themselves and improve your classroom management skills!
      > In this live webinar, Larry Ferlazzo will share his strategies for
      > cultivating independent learners through engaging lessons that respect your
      > students� interests. Participants will learn specific student motivation
      > strategies and classroom management techniques including how to:
      >
      > Build relationships with students
      > Learn students� interests, and connect relevant interests to lessons
      > Emphasize what students can do, not what they can�t do
      > (Avoid) calling parents
      > Encourage intrinsic motivation that can lead to increased higher order
      > thinking skills
      >
      > In addition, participants will leave with student motivation lession plans
      > on topics such as the value of sleep and goal-setting
      > Who Should Attend
      > Teachers (grades 6-12), administrators, and instructional leaders seeking
      > to help students become more independent learners by capitalizing on their
      > personal, intrinsic motivators
      > Limited Seats Available
      > Register to secure your seat. Space is limited!
      > About Larry Ferlazzo
> [...]

      *

      *Dennis Newson*
      Formerly : University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
      Committee member | Discussion List Manager | IATEFL YLT SIG
      Creator: YLTSIG NING <http://ylandtsig.ning.com/>
      Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award
      Unrepentant grammarophobe
      YLTSIG Website <http://www.yltsig.org/>
      Yahoogroups YLTSIG: Subscribe: <:younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

      YLTSIG Wiki resources:<http://yltsigwikiresource.pbworks.com/w/page/33485130/FrontPage>