Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Fwd: Newsademic COVER STORY American English edition

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2011
      Just had a great chat with Peggy. Thanks very much :-)

      ^V^

      --
      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

    • Derya
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2011
        Thank you Peggy,

        I first wanted to share this material with all the other webheads, to let you know that there is this website (?) called Newsademic. I regularly get emails from them such as this one, a reading material on global news along with activities for ESL cLasses. Then, I wanted to send a personal email to Ayat first. And I accidentally sent an email to webheadsaddressing it to Ayat :-) Though I'm glad that I did so (as I feel I catch two birds with one stone here :-) ), I apologize for this mistake..

        Hope all the webheads around the world are having a nice Sunday!

        Hugs,
        Derya.

        > Just had a great chat with Peggy. Thanks very much :-)
        >
        > ^V^
        >
        > On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 8:55 PM, Peggy George <pgeorge@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Hi Derya,
        > > Here's a great, free tool you might try for sharing large recordings and
        > > you don't even have to zip them. :-) It's called GE.TT and you can find
        > > it here:
        > >
        > > http://ge.tt/
        > >
        > > You can sign up for a free account that provides you with 2GB of storage.
        > > You just click on the link for "Select Files" to choose what you want to
        > > share. You give it a title so it's easy to know what is on the link. It
        > > will open a popup window for you to find and choose the recording you'd
        > > like to share. As soon as you have selected it you will receive a link that
        > > you can share with anyone so they can go to that page and download it. I
        > > love it because it doesn't go through email and you don't have to worry
        > > about whether it is too big. Anyone you send the link to can go to the site
        > > and immediately download it to their computer. It's become my new favorite
        > > tool for sharing video/audio recordings. You can even put many recordings
        > > on one link and it's like having a folder of the files available for
        > > download. There's a short video/screencast on that home page to explain
        > > exactly how it works.
        > >
        > > Maybe that will work for your recording sharing with Ayat.
        > >
        > > Peggy George
        > >

        > > On Dec 4, 2011, at 4:00 AM, Derya Kulavuz-Onal wrote:
        > >

        > > > Hi Ayat,
        > > >
        > > > I hope all is well with you! I wanted to share this ESL material with
        > > you. It's about your country, Egypt. I didn't look at it in detail but I
        > > thought you might be interested.
        > > >
        > > > By the way, I still couldn't send the recording to you, because even
        > > though I Zipped it, it was still big and didn't go through :( I'll try
        > > other ways and as soon as I figure it out I'll send it to you, so please
        > > bear with me!
        > > >
        > > > Hope you have a nice day!
        > > >
        > > > Hugs,
        > > >
        > > > Derya
        > > > Sent from Samsung tablet
        > >

        > --
        > Vance Stevens
        > http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        > http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

      • Maria Rosario Di Mónaco
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2011
          Vance, Peggy,

          Thanks for the link to the recording. I'm listening to it right now, and
          have already bookmarked the K12 Online Conference Schedule to keep track of
          the links to all those videos for future perusal. BTW, you're helping me a
          lot with ideas about how to listen to the recordings on my iphone. This is
          very useful. Thanks!

          Mary

        • ayattawel
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2011
            Dear Derya,
            I got ur message (about Newsacademic)as a text, but with nothing refering to Egypt !!! I guess what u were refering to was in attached files, which are not clear in that post!!!
            Take ur time exploring the new audio storage tool, which Peggy has shared and I'll be waiting for the recording once you manage, Don't worry about it !!
            @Peggy, thanks alot for sharing !! That will be wonderful to explore!!
            Thanks for sharing !!!
            All my love,
            Ayat