Learning2gether 1500 GMT Dec 4 - Peggy George talks about K12 Online Conference

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      Learning2gether is alive and well another week with a 1500 GMT Dec 4 chat with Peggy George, one of the organizers of the K12 Online Conference which is running now through Dec 13.

      There is more information about this remarkable free online conference all over the web but a good place to start is here: http://k12onlineconference.org/

      There is also more information about the conference and Peggy's part in it at our Learning2gether upcoming events page here: http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/volunteersneeded

      Thanks to our volunteers we always seem to have great presentations, but we never seem to have presentations lined up very far in advance. If you'd like to give one please let us know, or join the wiki and write one in.

      Meanwhile, here are the details of the one this Sunday:

      Peggy George joins us to talk about
      The K12 Online Conference showing now at a computer near you
      When? Sunday, Dec 4, 2011, 15:00 GMT
      http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Learning2Gether+15%3A00+GMT+Dec+04%2C+2011+in+Elluminate&iso=20111127T15&ah=1
      http://tinyurl.com/2011dec04gmt1500
      Where? Blackboard Collaborate/Elluminate
      http://tinyurl.com/y3eh,or for those challenged by TinyURLs
      http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=273662

      What?
      The 2011 edition of the annual K12 Online conference runs from now through December 13,
      http://k12onlineconference.org/. The conference features dozens of asynchronous presentations plus one live event at the culmination called "The AfterGlow"-- all hosted by some of the most transformative educators in the field. See the schedule at
      http://k12onlineconference.org/?page_id=824 where you can access links to all of the blog posts and recordings for each presentation.

      Peggy George is a retired elementary school principal and university pre-service education professor in Phoenix, AZ who is currently one of the co-hosts for the weekly Classroom 2.0 LIVE webinars on web 2.0 tools for educators. She describes herself as one of the conference "workerbees" otherwise known as an "organizer." The main creator/convener is Wes Fryer and there are 4 strands to the conference, each with their own conveners. Peggy's main responsibility right now is to upload the presentations daily to iTunesU at the same time they go live on the blog. There's a video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n55pl4oUwe0 that shows how to subscribe to Classroom 2.0 iTunesU recordings, and I'm sure Peggy will show us how to do that for K12 recordings as well. Specific instructions for subscribing to the K12 Online Conference iTunesU recordings can be found here: http://k12onlineconference.org/?p=646

      Peggy might also do a web tour of the conference blog and even play a teaser video in web tour which would open it in participant browsers. She can also show us the slides she prepared for a Classroom 2.0 LIVE show Nov 12 with Kim Caise and Lorna Constantini. This is the link to the blog post with the recording, chat, links, and LiveBinders link with all links shared during the session.
      http://live.classroom20.com/1/post/2011/11/k12-online-conference.html
    • Vance
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2011
        Peggy George is an consistent supporter (via her presence) at Learning2gether events and this evening I was pleased to have her in discussion about k12onlineconference.org, and about the Flat Classroom Project, and about Earthbridges.net, and about Classroom 2.0, and so many other things passionate in education.

        I just tweeted
        The recording in Elluminate of #learning2gether with Peggy @pgeorge talking about #k12online was gr8 - You didn't even have to be there, check out http://tinyurl.com/2011dec04pgeorge

        Well worth a listen imho (but who am I?) ...

        Vance