Re: Phonetic quiz maker?

  • Nina Liakos
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
      Hi Anne,
      Well, there is Phonetizer <http://www.phonetizer.com/>, which might work with an existing quiz maker.
      Nina

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Foxdenuk" <foxdenuk@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know a tool that makes it possible to make a quiz using phonetic symbols? I was wondering if you could do this in Quia, Wordchamp or Quizlet for example. Worst case scenario I guess would be to use images for the phonetic symbols but I was wondering if there's a neater solution.
      > Anne

    • Foxdenuk
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
        Neat! Yes, may work with something like Quia, Wordchamp or Quizlet. I'm asking on behalf of someone else so will pass this on.
        Anne
        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Nina Liakos" <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

        > Hi Anne,
        > Well, there is Phonetizer <http://www.phonetizer.com/>, which might work with an existing quiz maker.
        > Nina
        >
        > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Foxdenuk" <foxdenuk@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Does anyone know a tool that makes it possible to make a quiz using phonetic symbols? I was wondering if you could do this in Quia, Wordchamp or Quizlet for example. Worst case scenario I guess would be to use images for the phonetic symbols but I was wondering if there's a neater solution.
        > > Anne

      • David Winet
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
          How about a treasure hunt with all the clues written in IPA ? :)

        • Foxdenuk
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2011
            Yes, what a good idea!

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, David Winet <dwinet@...> wrote:

            > How about a treasure hunt with all the clues written in IPA ? :)

          • mackichan2006
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011
              Hi Dave,

              There's always Phonemic Hangman, if you want to challenge yourself....
              http://mackichan.e-lang.co.uk/call/phonhang/phonhang.php?activity=relationships

              (Make sure you look at the strategy section first....)

              Cheers,

              Pete