Phonetic quiz maker?

  • Foxdenuk
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2011
      Does anyone know a tool that makes it possible to make a quiz using phonetic symbols? I was wondering if you could do this in Quia, Wordchamp or Quizlet for example. Worst case scenario I guess would be to use images for the phonetic symbols but I was wondering if there's a neater solution.
      Anne
    • Nina Liakos
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
        Hi Anne,
        Well, there is Phonetizer <http://www.phonetizer.com/>, which might work with an existing quiz maker.
        Nina

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Foxdenuk" <foxdenuk@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know a tool that makes it possible to make a quiz using phonetic symbols? I was wondering if you could do this in Quia, Wordchamp or Quizlet for example. Worst case scenario I guess would be to use images for the phonetic symbols but I was wondering if there's a neater solution.
        > Anne

      • Foxdenuk
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
          Neat! Yes, may work with something like Quia, Wordchamp or Quizlet. I'm asking on behalf of someone else so will pass this on.
          Anne
          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Nina Liakos" <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

          > Hi Anne,
          > Well, there is Phonetizer <http://www.phonetizer.com/>, which might work with an existing quiz maker.
          > Nina
          >
          > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Foxdenuk" <foxdenuk@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Does anyone know a tool that makes it possible to make a quiz using phonetic symbols? I was wondering if you could do this in Quia, Wordchamp or Quizlet for example. Worst case scenario I guess would be to use images for the phonetic symbols but I was wondering if there's a neater solution.
          > > Anne

        • David Winet
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
            How about a treasure hunt with all the clues written in IPA ? :)

          • Foxdenuk
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2011
              Yes, what a good idea!

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, David Winet <dwinet@...> wrote:

              > How about a treasure hunt with all the clues written in IPA ? :)

            • mackichan2006
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011
                Hi Dave,

                There's always Phonemic Hangman, if you want to challenge yourself....
                http://mackichan.e-lang.co.uk/call/phonhang/phonhang.php?activity=relationships

                (Make sure you look at the strategy section first....)

                Cheers,

                Pete