Mlearning session

  • Foxdenuk
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2011
      Dear All
      The Polish Moodle Moot is streaming live this Thursday and Friday and I am giving a 30 minute session on using mobile devices to make a history game (details below)tomorrow 3rd Nov at 13:00 CET (GMT+1)

      Fellow webhead Cris Costa is also doing a session, the one immediately after mine, on Digital Identity.

      The History Game: Taking the classroom outdoors with mobile devices
      The main aim of the 30 minute session is to stimulate participants to think about how to use the outdoor space more creatively for language activities. In this session I will show the case study of how 6th graders could explore the history of their local area by turning it into a game. After finding out some significant events, the students make a simple game to guide players from one place in the historical story to another by the use of short texts, images, audio or video. These are then uploaded to a free tool which players access when they want to play the game. This activity could be extended to all sorts of different themes such as a sight-seeing tour or a detective mystery game. The activity is not restricted to the use of one tool; there are several free tools available which can do a similar job.

      The link to the vroom is here: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2011010&password=M.0F9F405AECB697195B24B832F800D2
      OR http://tinyurl.com/6dphh5c

      The programme of the conference is here: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1QFSooLqvo3d6unUefHeDBlzYYMl4fDtymLYvwgzcUJ0
      OR http://tinyurl.com/67byl4d