Re: Taking the lesson out of the classroom with video

  • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2011
      These are such interesting ideas, Dave--

      People might also want to have a look at Real English:
      http://www.real-english.com

      Mike Marzio complied hundreds of hours of video, taping real people doing real activities. It starts very simply, with how do you say "hello," but eventually moves into things like interviewing people about the work they do, or why they are spending holiday in a certain place. It is very authentic--the interviewer poses the questions, but the answers are totally uncanned.

      It's all free and online. He also has a blog and FB site, and regularly adds new material. You can even write him and ask for certain subjects.

      --Elizabeth HS