Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Dennis: Pixeling out faces on video

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2011
      Dave,

      I have actually decided, for a number of reasons including the kind you
      refer to, to simply edit out the section of the presentation which included
      photos and video.
      Blotting out a face, for whatever reason, does come across to me personally
      as mutilation.

      Dennis

      On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:18 AM, dk <davekees1@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Although there is a wonderful reason to pixel out the kids faces, doing it
      > often creates an odd feeling for viewers. It is seldom done on TV in order
      > to display an innocent activity. There is usually something questionable
      > going on and when you watch such a video, even an innocent one, the
      > pixeling
      > effect can distract from the purpose of the video. It is so odd-looking
      > that
      > I find myself often staring at the pixeled faces instead of the activity.
      > Is
      > it worth it?
      >
      > Dave Kees

      *

      *Dennis Newson*
      Formerly : University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
      Committee member | Discussion List Manager | IATEFL YLT SIG
      Creator: YLTSIG NING <http://ylandtsig.ning.com/>
      Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award
      Unrepentant grammarophobe
      YLTSIG Website <http://www.yltsig.org/>
      Yahoogroups YLTSIG: Subscribe: <:younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

      YLTSIG Wiki resources:<http://yltsigwikiresource.pbworks.com/w/page/33485130/FrontPage>