e-learning courses How to profit from Facebook

  • John Hibbs
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 27 12:21 PM
      Webheads, you know all....so I'm confident you can respond nicely....

      Facebook does many unusual things, to include fund raising, contests,
      volunteer organizing, membership drives, student collaboration.....
      Plus. Plus. Plus.

      Where would YOU point enterprising students who wanted to learn more
      -- virtually of course! -- about how to make Facebook work: in their
      classroom? in their personal life? for their employer? for their
      business? for their association?
    • Barbara Dieu
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 28 3:57 PM
        Why Facebook is scaring me is an article I have recently read by David
        Winer <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Winer>
        http://scripting.com/stories/2011/09/24/facebookIsScaringMe.html#comment-321595662

        What I read, troubled me as well. You should have a go at it.
        B.

        --
        Barbara Dieu
        http://barbaradieu.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2011
          And I loved the example of Bull Mancuso, the Mafia hitman.

          Yes, Facebook makes me very uneasy, too. I notice more and more spaces want you not just to link to FB, but to allow them access to all you profile, graphics, prefernces, etc. on FB. Why is this necessary? For now I am just putting links on FB by hand, rather than using the one click option.

          We need more regulation/protection, not less!

          --Elizabeth HS

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Dieu <beeonline@...> wrote:

          > Why Facebook is scaring me is an article I have recently read by David
          > Winer <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Winer>
          > http://scripting.com/stories/2011/09/24/facebookIsScaringMe.html#comment-321595662
          >
          > What I read, troubled me as well. You should have a go at it.
          > B.
          >
          > --
          > Barbara Dieu
          > http://barbaradieu.com
          > http://beespace.net

        • Barbara Dieu
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 3, 2011
            >I notice more and more spaces want you not just to link to FB, but to allow them access to all you profile, graphics, prefernces, etc. on FB. Why is this necessary?
            When things are free, you are the product being sold.
            B.

            --
            Barbara Dieu
            http://barbaradieu.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 3, 2011
            • Dafne
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 4, 2011
                Dear webheads,

                Rubena and I are doing research on the kinds of tools that teachers use in different teaching contexts worldwide. In order to collect information we have created a short survey. We would very much appreciate if you could take time to complete it.  This survey is aimed at teachers who are currently active or who have taught in the past. It is completely anonymous.

                https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDQyNVBpNGplRkNoVk9UY0JRR21UZFE6MQ

                or

                http://tinyurl.com/CALL-low-tech%c2%a0

                Thanks in advance

                Daf & Rubena

              • Dafne
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 4, 2011
                  Dear webheads,

                  Rubena and I are doing research on the kinds of tools that teachers use in different teaching contexts worldwide. In order to collect information we have created a short survey. We would very much appreciate if you could take time to complete it.  This survey is aimed at teachers who are currently active or who have taught in the past. It is completely anonymous.

                  https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDQyNVBpNGplRkNoVk9UY0JRR21UZFE6MQ

                  or

                  http://tinyurl.com/CALL-low-tech%c2%a0

                  Thanks in advance

                  Daf & Rubena

                  ________________________________

                • beyzaylmaz
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 6, 2011
                    Dear Daf and Rubena,

                    I have just completed the survey.

                    Good luck with your research

                    Beyza

                    --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote:

                    > Dear webheads,
                    >

                    > Rubena and I are doing research on the kinds of tools that teachers use in different teaching contexts worldwide. In order to collect information we have created a short survey. We would very much appreciate if you could take time to complete it.  This survey is aimed at teachers who are currently active or who have taught in the past. It is completely anonymous.
                    >
                    > https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDQyNVBpNGplRkNoVk9UY0JRR21UZFE6MQ
                    >

                    > or
                    >
                    > http://tinyurl.com/CALL-low-tech%c2%a0
                    >

                    > Thanks in advance
                    >
                    > Daf & Rubena
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • Dafne
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 6, 2011
                      Thanks, Beyza!

                      The results will be published in a book chapter. I will let webheads know when it is available next year.

                      hugs,

                      DAf

                      ________________________________
                      > Rubena and I are doing research on the kinds of tools that teachers use in different teaching contexts worldwide. In order to collect information we have created a short survey. We would very much appreciate if you could take time to complete it.  This survey is aimed at teachers who are currently active or who have taught in the past. It is completely anonymous.
                      >
                      > https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDQyNVBpNGplRkNoVk9UY0JRR21UZFE6MQ
                      >

                      > or
                      >
                      > http://tinyurl.com/CALL-low-tech%c2%a0
                      >

                      > Thanks in advance
                      >
                      > Daf & Rubena
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • Evelyn Izquierdo
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 13, 2011
                        Hi Daf and Rubena!
                        Done! I answered your survey. My best wishes!

                        Evelyn IzquierdoCátedra de Idiomas ExtranjerosEscuela de EducaciónUniversidad Central de Venezuelahttp://www.ucv.ve http://evelynizquierdo.wordpress.com/Skype: evelyn.izquierdoTwitter: @eveweb

                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 14, 2011
                          Done !!
                          Good luck with your research

                          Helen (France)

                          On 13 October 2011 23:53, Evelyn Izquierdo <izquierdo_evelyn@...>wrote:

                          > **
                          >

                          > Hi Daf and Rubena!
                          > Done! I answered your survey. My best wishes!
                          >
                          > Evelyn IzquierdoCátedra de Idiomas ExtranjerosEscuela de
                          > EducaciónUniversidad Central de Venezuelahttp://www.ucv.ve
                          > http://evelynizquierdo.wordpress.com/Skype: evelyn.izquierdoTwitter:
                          > @eveweb
                          > .

                        • Lawan Dalha
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 15, 2011
                            Yah, I'm also dine with your survey. Best of luck in your research

                            Lawan Dalha

                          • STELLA
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 16, 2011
                              Yah, I'm also dine with your survey. Best of luck in your research

                              Lawan Dalha

                              Se certificó que el correo entrante no contiene virus.
                              Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es
                              Versión: 9.0.917 / Base de datos de virus: 271.1.1/3944 - Fecha de la versión: 10/12/11 03:39:00