Re: Visit to a Greek village 2011

  • Nina Liakos
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2011
      I just read your account of your visit to Greece and watched the little video. It was wonderful. It reminded me of the first time I visited Maratheas, my husband's village in Central Greece near Karpenisi, in 1990. I have since been back 5 or 6 times. Unlike D, Maratheas is a dying village, with less than ten full-time residents left. Its primary school closed long ago (and my husband had to leave it to attend secondary school in the 60s)--but it is a wonderful, friendly place. Thanks for the memories.

      Nina (Maryland, USA)