Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: eLearning and Teacher Training

  • carlaarena
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
      Fran, Rita and Buth, thanks a million for the references! I will look into them. I'll make a compilation of my findings and share them with you all.

      Beijos.

      Carla
      http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
      Sent from my iPhone

      On 03/09/2011, at 12:05, "Buthaina AlOthman" <buthaina.alothman@...> wrote:

      > Hi Carla,
      >
      > In addition to suggestions by Fran and Rita, I recommend "Learning in Real Time", a book, by our friend, Jonathan Finckelstein (leader of LearningTimes.org): http://www.learninginrealtime.com/thebook.html .
      >
      > Also, there are numerous resources, (which you could google to find),including articles and interviews on elearning (all free of charge & downloadable), by Jay Cross (one of the elearning gurus of our time). Here's a link to one of the interviews on the issue, which I think could be helpful:
      > http://www.kineo.com/e-learning-interviews/jay-cross-on-implementing-e-learning.html
      >
      > Moreover, don't miss hundreds of articles by veteran Webheads, like Vance, Dr.Elizabeth, Bee, and many others that I cannot recall now but I'm sure you'll find them through webheads' links, especially those of Vance. You might also find many of those articles at http://writing.berkeley.edu/TESL-EJ/index.html
      >
      > Hope this is helpful, Carla.
      >
      > -Buth
      > Love, Friendship, & Peace!
      > --------------------------------
      >
      > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear all,
      > >
      > > Soon, I´ll have to present for a class I´m taking in the Master´s program
      > > about the the state of art in research in the field of elearning and teacher
      > > professional development, my big area of interest. Do you happen to have any
      > > bibliographic reference that could help me?
      > >
      > > Thanks a million.
      > > Carla Arena
      > >
      > > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
      > > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

    • Fran Toomey
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 5, 2011
        Thank you, Carla. I will be very interested in the list you compile I
        checked out Buth's suggestions and found some goodies. I have a question:
        How applicable do you think business oriented suggestions are for adolescent
        and adult learners in school settings?

        Fran

      • JohnHibbs
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
          Quoting Buthaina AlOthman <buthaina.alothman@...>:
          > .....I'm sure you'll find them through webheads' links, especially
          > those of Vance.

          So how do we entice Vance. and the others you mentioned Buth,to offer
          e-classes for a small fee? or, because he and his Team would be worth
          it, for a large fee? Who better? including Jay Cross, who is indeed a
          superb source. Vance?
          imnho
        • Patricia Sorrentino
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 9, 2011