Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: eLearning and Teacher Training

  • carlaarena
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
      Would love it, Patricia!

      Carla
      http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
      Sent from my iPhone

      On 03/09/2011, at 12:39, "Patricia Sorrentino" <patimso@...> wrote:

      > Dear Carla,
      > My master´s dissertation was about teacher training and TELL .
      > If you are interested, I can send you a copy of that.
      > Warm regards,
      > Patricia Sorrentino

    • carlaarena
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
        Fran, Rita and Buth, thanks a million for the references! I will look into them. I'll make a compilation of my findings and share them with you all.

        Beijos.

        On 03/09/2011, at 12:05, "Buthaina AlOthman" <buthaina.alothman@...> wrote:

        > Hi Carla,
        >
        > In addition to suggestions by Fran and Rita, I recommend "Learning in Real Time", a book, by our friend, Jonathan Finckelstein (leader of LearningTimes.org): http://www.learninginrealtime.com/thebook.html .
        >
        > Also, there are numerous resources, (which you could google to find),including articles and interviews on elearning (all free of charge & downloadable), by Jay Cross (one of the elearning gurus of our time). Here's a link to one of the interviews on the issue, which I think could be helpful:
        > http://www.kineo.com/e-learning-interviews/jay-cross-on-implementing-e-learning.html
        >
        > Moreover, don't miss hundreds of articles by veteran Webheads, like Vance, Dr.Elizabeth, Bee, and many others that I cannot recall now but I'm sure you'll find them through webheads' links, especially those of Vance. You might also find many of those articles at http://writing.berkeley.edu/TESL-EJ/index.html
        >
        > Hope this is helpful, Carla.
        >
        > -Buth
        > Love, Friendship, & Peace!
        > --------------------------------
        >
        > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Dear all,
        > >
        > > Soon, I´ll have to present for a class I´m taking in the Master´s program
        > > about the the state of art in research in the field of elearning and teacher
        > > professional development, my big area of interest. Do you happen to have any
        > > bibliographic reference that could help me?
        > >
        > > Thanks a million.
        > > Carla Arena
        > >
        > > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
        > > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

      • Fran Toomey
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 5, 2011
          Thank you, Carla. I will be very interested in the list you compile I
          checked out Buth's suggestions and found some goodies. I have a question:
          How applicable do you think business oriented suggestions are for adolescent
          and adult learners in school settings?

          Fran

        • JohnHibbs
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
            Quoting Buthaina AlOthman <buthaina.alothman@...>:
            > .....I'm sure you'll find them through webheads' links, especially
            > those of Vance.

            So how do we entice Vance. and the others you mentioned Buth,to offer
            e-classes for a small fee? or, because he and his Team would be worth
            it, for a large fee? Who better? including Jay Cross, who is indeed a
            superb source. Vance?
            imnho
          • Patricia Sorrentino
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 9, 2011