Re: eLearning and Teacher Training

  • Patricia Sorrentino
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
      Dear Carla,
      My master´s dissertation was about teacher training and TELL .
      If you are interested, I can send you a copy of that.
      Warm regards,
      Patricia Sorrentino

    • carlaarena
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
        Would love it, Patricia!

        Carla
        http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
        Sent from my iPhone

        On 03/09/2011, at 12:39, "Patricia Sorrentino" <patimso@...> wrote:

        > Dear Carla,
        > My master´s dissertation was about teacher training and TELL .
        > If you are interested, I can send you a copy of that.
        > Warm regards,
        > Patricia Sorrentino

      • carlaarena
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
          Fran, Rita and Buth, thanks a million for the references! I will look into them. I'll make a compilation of my findings and share them with you all.

          Beijos.

          On 03/09/2011, at 12:05, "Buthaina AlOthman" <buthaina.alothman@...> wrote:

          > Hi Carla,
          >
          > In addition to suggestions by Fran and Rita, I recommend "Learning in Real Time", a book, by our friend, Jonathan Finckelstein (leader of LearningTimes.org): http://www.learninginrealtime.com/thebook.html .
          >
          > Also, there are numerous resources, (which you could google to find),including articles and interviews on elearning (all free of charge & downloadable), by Jay Cross (one of the elearning gurus of our time). Here's a link to one of the interviews on the issue, which I think could be helpful:
          > http://www.kineo.com/e-learning-interviews/jay-cross-on-implementing-e-learning.html
          >
          > Moreover, don't miss hundreds of articles by veteran Webheads, like Vance, Dr.Elizabeth, Bee, and many others that I cannot recall now but I'm sure you'll find them through webheads' links, especially those of Vance. You might also find many of those articles at http://writing.berkeley.edu/TESL-EJ/index.html
          >
          > Hope this is helpful, Carla.
          >
          > -Buth
          > Love, Friendship, & Peace!
          > --------------------------------
          >
          > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear all,
          > >
          > > Soon, I´ll have to present for a class I´m taking in the Master´s program
          > > about the the state of art in research in the field of elearning and teacher
          > > professional development, my big area of interest. Do you happen to have any
          > > bibliographic reference that could help me?
          > >
          > > Thanks a million.
          > > Carla Arena
          > >
          > > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
          > > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

        • Fran Toomey
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 5, 2011
            Thank you, Carla. I will be very interested in the list you compile I
            checked out Buth's suggestions and found some goodies. I have a question:
            How applicable do you think business oriented suggestions are for adolescent
            and adult learners in school settings?

            Fran

          • JohnHibbs
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
              Quoting Buthaina AlOthman <buthaina.alothman@...>:
              > .....I'm sure you'll find them through webheads' links, especially
              > those of Vance.

              So how do we entice Vance. and the others you mentioned Buth,to offer
              e-classes for a small fee? or, because he and his Team would be worth
              it, for a large fee? Who better? including Jay Cross, who is indeed a
              superb source. Vance?
              imnho
            • Patricia Sorrentino
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 9, 2011