Re: [evonline2002_webheads] eLearning and Teacher Training

  • Fran Toomey
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2011
      Carla,

      I've been putting some resources together on "elearning" and here are a few
      you might find helpful. Sometime soon (I hope), I'll actually put this
      together as a bibliography. For now....

      George Siemens, Knowing Knowledge (available as free download).

      Allan Collins and Richard Halverson, Rethinking Education in the Age of
      Technology

      Curtis J. Bonk, The World is Open

      Richard Mayer, MultiMedia Teaching (have to check this )

      Since I don't think elearning guru's have all the answers about learning and
      teaching, I also find the following references helpful:

      Arthur L. Costa and Bena Kallick, Learning and Leading with Habits of Mind

      Susan A. Ambrose (et al) (Ed), How Learning Works: 7 Research Based
      Principles for Smart Teaching

      James Bellanca and Ron Brandt (Eds). 21st Century Skill: Rethinking how
      students learn

      John D. Bransford (et al) (Eds), How People Learning: Brain, Mind,
      Experience, and School.

      David Perkins, Making Learning Whole: How Seven Principles of Teaching Can
      Transform Education.

      Hope this is helpful.

      I'd love to have any references others offer!

      Fran

      On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Dear all,
      >
      > Soon, I�ll have to present for a class I�m taking in the Master�s program
      > about the the state of art in research in the field of elearning and
      > teacher
      > professional development, my big area of interest. Do you happen to have
      > any
      > bibliographic reference that could help me?
      >
      > Thanks a million.
      > Carla Arena
      >
      > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
      > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

    • Rita
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2011
        Hi, Carla,

        See if this article has sth that adds to your knowledge
        http://scottthornbury.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/p-is-for-practicum/
        Hope it does.
        Warmly,
        Rita

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > Soon, I´ll have to present for a class I´m taking in the Master´s program
        > about the the state of art in research in the field of elearning and teacher
        > professional development, my big area of interest. Do you happen to have any
        > bibliographic reference that could help me?
        >
        > Thanks a million.
        > Carla Arena
        >
        > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
        > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

      • Buthaina AlOthman
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
          Hi Carla,

          In addition to suggestions by Fran and Rita, I recommend "Learning in Real Time", a book, by our friend, Jonathan Finckelstein (leader of LearningTimes.org): http://www.learninginrealtime.com/thebook.html .

          Also, there are numerous resources, (which you could google to find),including articles and interviews on elearning (all free of charge & downloadable), by Jay Cross (one of the elearning gurus of our time). Here's a link to one of the interviews on the issue, which I think could be helpful:
          http://www.kineo.com/e-learning-interviews/jay-cross-on-implementing-e-learning.html

          Moreover, don't miss hundreds of articles by veteran Webheads, like Vance, Dr.Elizabeth, Bee, and many others that I cannot recall now but I'm sure you'll find them through webheads' links, especially those of Vance. You might also find many of those articles at http://writing.berkeley.edu/TESL-EJ/index.html

          Hope this is helpful, Carla.

          -Buth
          Love, Friendship, & Peace!
          --------------------------------

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

          > Dear all,
          >
          > Soon, I´ll have to present for a class I´m taking in the Master´s program
          > about the the state of art in research in the field of elearning and teacher
          > professional development, my big area of interest. Do you happen to have any
          > bibliographic reference that could help me?
          >
          > Thanks a million.
          > Carla Arena
          >
          > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
          > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

        • Patricia Sorrentino
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
            Dear Carla,
            My master´s dissertation was about teacher training and TELL .
            If you are interested, I can send you a copy of that.
            Warm regards,
            Patricia Sorrentino

          • carlaarena
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
              Would love it, Patricia!

              Carla
              http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
              Sent from my iPhone

              On 03/09/2011, at 12:39, "Patricia Sorrentino" <patimso@...> wrote:

              > Dear Carla,
              > My master´s dissertation was about teacher training and TELL .
              > If you are interested, I can send you a copy of that.
              > Warm regards,
              > Patricia Sorrentino

            • carlaarena
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
                Fran, Rita and Buth, thanks a million for the references! I will look into them. I'll make a compilation of my findings and share them with you all.

                Beijos.

                Carla

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 5, 2011
                  Thank you, Carla. I will be very interested in the list you compile I
                  checked out Buth's suggestions and found some goodies. I have a question:
                  How applicable do you think business oriented suggestions are for adolescent
                  and adult learners in school settings?

                  Fran

                • JohnHibbs
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
                    Quoting Buthaina AlOthman <buthaina.alothman@...>:
                    > .....I'm sure you'll find them through webheads' links, especially
                    > those of Vance.

                    So how do we entice Vance. and the others you mentioned Buth,to offer
                    e-classes for a small fee? or, because he and his Team would be worth
                    it, for a large fee? Who better? including Jay Cross, who is indeed a
                    superb source. Vance?
                    imnho
                  • Patricia Sorrentino
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 9, 2011