Re: 2011 Future of the Internet Survey invitation

  • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
      That gave me a chuckle, Bee--

      Reminds me of my great-grandmother, who said, as we stood in the yard and watched a small plane overhead, "I know they can fly, but I just really don't believe it!"

      She was a highly educated woman, born just after the Civil War. I've often thought of all the changes she saw in her lifetime, which was really only a hundred years after the Revolution.

      --Elizabeth

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Dieu <beeonline@...> wrote:

      [snip]

      > "This is the futurist's dilemma: Any believable prediction will be wrong.
      > Any correct prediction will be unbelievable. Either way, a futurist can't
      > win. He is either dismissed or wrong."
      > http://www.kk.org/thetechnium/archives/2011/08/the_futurists_d.php
      >
      > B.
      >
      > --
      > Barbara Dieu
      > http://barbaradieu.com
      > http://beespace.net

    • Buthaina AlOthman
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
        Dear, Dr. Elizabeth,

        I read your your short story about your grandma, kind of deeply. But, my main question to you: Why did she say "..., but I just really don't believe it!"? Why she didn't believe it? I would be greatly appreciative if I can get your answer, please.

        Thanks,
        -Buth

        Love, Friendship, &Peace!

        P.S. Bee, thanks for provoking this kind of feedback via your survey thread. Love.