eLearning and Teacher Training

  • Carla arena
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2011
      Dear all,

      Soon, I´ll have to present for a class I´m taking in the Master´s program
      about the the state of art in research in the field of elearning and teacher
      professional development, my big area of interest. Do you happen to have any
      bibliographic reference that could help me?

      Thanks a million.
      Carla Arena

      http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
      Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

    • Fran Toomey
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2011
        Carla,

        I've been putting some resources together on "elearning" and here are a few
        you might find helpful. Sometime soon (I hope), I'll actually put this
        together as a bibliography. For now....

        George Siemens, Knowing Knowledge (available as free download).

        Allan Collins and Richard Halverson, Rethinking Education in the Age of
        Technology

        Curtis J. Bonk, The World is Open

        Richard Mayer, MultiMedia Teaching (have to check this )

        Since I don't think elearning guru's have all the answers about learning and
        teaching, I also find the following references helpful:

        Arthur L. Costa and Bena Kallick, Learning and Leading with Habits of Mind

        Susan A. Ambrose (et al) (Ed), How Learning Works: 7 Research Based
        Principles for Smart Teaching

        James Bellanca and Ron Brandt (Eds). 21st Century Skill: Rethinking how
        students learn

        John D. Bransford (et al) (Eds), How People Learning: Brain, Mind,
        Experience, and School.

        David Perkins, Making Learning Whole: How Seven Principles of Teaching Can
        Transform Education.

        Hope this is helpful.

        I'd love to have any references others offer!

        Fran

        On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Dear all,
        >
        > Soon, I�ll have to present for a class I�m taking in the Master�s program
        > about the the state of art in research in the field of elearning and
        > teacher
        > professional development, my big area of interest. Do you happen to have
        > any
        > bibliographic reference that could help me?
        >
        > Thanks a million.
        > Carla Arena
        >
        > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
        > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

      • Rita
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2, 2011
          Hi, Carla,

          See if this article has sth that adds to your knowledge
          http://scottthornbury.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/p-is-for-practicum/
          Hope it does.
          Warmly,
          Rita

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

          > Dear all,
          >
          > Soon, I´ll have to present for a class I´m taking in the Master´s program
          > about the the state of art in research in the field of elearning and teacher
          > professional development, my big area of interest. Do you happen to have any
          > bibliographic reference that could help me?
          >
          > Thanks a million.
          > Carla Arena
          >
          > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
          > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

        • Buthaina AlOthman
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
            Hi Carla,

            In addition to suggestions by Fran and Rita, I recommend "Learning in Real Time", a book, by our friend, Jonathan Finckelstein (leader of LearningTimes.org): http://www.learninginrealtime.com/thebook.html .

            Also, there are numerous resources, (which you could google to find),including articles and interviews on elearning (all free of charge & downloadable), by Jay Cross (one of the elearning gurus of our time). Here's a link to one of the interviews on the issue, which I think could be helpful:
            http://www.kineo.com/e-learning-interviews/jay-cross-on-implementing-e-learning.html

            Moreover, don't miss hundreds of articles by veteran Webheads, like Vance, Dr.Elizabeth, Bee, and many others that I cannot recall now but I'm sure you'll find them through webheads' links, especially those of Vance. You might also find many of those articles at http://writing.berkeley.edu/TESL-EJ/index.html

            Hope this is helpful, Carla.

            -Buth
            Love, Friendship, & Peace!
            --------------------------------

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

            > Dear all,
            >
            > Soon, I´ll have to present for a class I´m taking in the Master´s program
            > about the the state of art in research in the field of elearning and teacher
            > professional development, my big area of interest. Do you happen to have any
            > bibliographic reference that could help me?
            >
            > Thanks a million.
            > Carla Arena
            >
            > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
            > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

          • Patricia Sorrentino
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
              Dear Carla,
              My master´s dissertation was about teacher training and TELL .
              If you are interested, I can send you a copy of that.
              Warm regards,
              Patricia Sorrentino

            • carlaarena
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
                Would love it, Patricia!

                Carla
                http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
                Sent from my iPhone

                On 03/09/2011, at 12:39, "Patricia Sorrentino" <patimso@...> wrote:

                > Dear Carla,
                > My master´s dissertation was about teacher training and TELL .
                > If you are interested, I can send you a copy of that.
                > Warm regards,
                > Patricia Sorrentino

              • carlaarena
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 3, 2011
                  Fran, Rita and Buth, thanks a million for the references! I will look into them. I'll make a compilation of my findings and share them with you all.

                  Beijos.

                  Carla

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 5, 2011
                    Thank you, Carla. I will be very interested in the list you compile I
                    checked out Buth's suggestions and found some goodies. I have a question:
                    How applicable do you think business oriented suggestions are for adolescent
                    and adult learners in school settings?

                    Fran

                  • JohnHibbs
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
                      Quoting Buthaina AlOthman <buthaina.alothman@...>:
                      > .....I'm sure you'll find them through webheads' links, especially
                      > those of Vance.

                      So how do we entice Vance. and the others you mentioned Buth,to offer
                      e-classes for a small fee? or, because he and his Team would be worth
                      it, for a large fee? Who better? including Jay Cross, who is indeed a
                      superb source. Vance?
                      imnho
                    • Patricia Sorrentino
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 9, 2011