Re: The Shallows (cont)

  • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 4, 2011
      Nice blog post, Vance--
      I also really enjoyed the several videos you use to "punctuate" the ideas.
      I think the post reflects well the way social interactions (for example here with Michael and Bee, and others, and with reading of Siemens, et al.) lead from the shallows to the deeps (your own reflections on the ideas).
      As you say, the social discussion is part of the pre-writing process that helps give depth and form to the "final" draft(s). I would never let my students write without discussion.
      --Elizabeth H-S

      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 7, 2011
        we missed you. We did record it but it was in Michael's room so I'm waiting
        for him to get the link,

        --
        Vance Stevens
        http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com