Re: Improving group work-thanks for posting

  • Marijana Smolcec
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2011
      Hello Dave

      thank you for having some time to post more about group work.
      I have noticed you quoted me, and I must say I agree in all you have written.

      Some of the steps you described I already use. I always try to invent new things, it's difficult sometimes to put the students to groups, I even had a negative response when one student didn't want to be in group with another one in a class. But, I always try to mix them as you describe.

      I am aware of beginner students and lower level, and don't use group work with them, rather pair work. So, I mostly do group work with intermediate and upper-intermediate students.

      You gave me some new ideas and alternatives, and I must thank you one more time. I will probably share this with some of my collegues

      Bye from Croatia

      Marijana