Learning2gether this Sunday, at Webheads HQ in Second Life

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      This Sunday, Sunday July 24

      We are pleased to present:
      Virtual Worlds, Games and Interactive Fiction.
      Join Baldric Commons (Graham Stanley) for a campfire chat at the Webheads HQ in Second Life about language education and developments in immersive online spaces. Come and share what you know and are doing and hear what other people are up to in spaces such as SL, World of Warcraft, etc.

      If you are active in Second Life you are especially welcome to come share at this session. However, if you are just interested in knowing more about the creativity for language learning possible in Second Life, you can come and interact or simply observe.

      You don't even have to come to SL for this one. You can peek through the window ...

      We realize that Second Life can be difficult to navigate for some, so in order to make this event accessible to all, Gwen Gwasi (Heike Philp) will broadcast from Second Life in Adobe Connect, and you can come there as one of your options: http://lancelot.adobeconnect.com/sl

      If you wish to join us there you can follow Gwen's camera and see and hear what is going on passively in Second Life without actually entering that virtual space, All the while you can interact with Webheads in Adobe or TappedIn txt chat if you wish (or Skype, or Google+, or some other interactive space, if you care to nominate one).

      When and where:
      noon GMT, start gathering at http://tappedin.org
      13:00 GMT, campfire chat at the Webheads HQ at Edunation in Second Life : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/EduNation/66/165/23

      Sorry, 1300 GMT is what time where I am?
      http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Learning2gether+with+Baldric+Commons+in+Edunation%2C+Second+Life&iso=20110724T13&ah=1
      or http://tinyurl.com/2011july24gmt1300

      You can see an index of all Learning2gether past performances here:
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/archiveindex
      with links to recorded replays

      You can also follow the podcast here
      http://learning2gether.posterous.com/
      and subscribe to the feed here
      http://feeds.feedburner.com/posterous/l2gcast

      and I'm still hoping to hear of any problems downloading mp3 files via that feed.

      Best