Lots of events online today July 13, join us if you can

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      This is from http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/volunteersneeded

      It's not our normal day for learning2gether, but I'll be in these places today ...

      Wednesday July 13

      EPIC 2011: DEVELOPING NATIONAL E-PORFOLIO COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE (Australia Series)
      Wed 13 Jul 06:00AM New York / Wed 13 Jul 10:00AM GMT / Wed 13 Jul 08:00PM Sydney
      Coach Carole. During the 9th International ePortfolio & Identity Conference, 11-13 July 2011, a few presenters will be online to share their experiences in building and sustsaining eportfolio communities of practice in the UK and Australia: Sarah Chesney, Alison Felce and Emma Purcell will present:' A Tribe Learning to Survive? An e-portfolio community of practice'. Allison Miller and Carole McCulloch will present:' Developing a national e-portfolo community of practice to foster emerging e-portfolio practice'. The first part of this session will be beamed out live from The IET, Savoy Place London, UK and the second part will be cofacilitated from South Australia and Victoria. Come and join us to explore the national goals the key outputs from these two exciting projects.
      http://www.learncentral.org/event/166023

      Join Jeff Lebow's Next Scheduled MOOCast: July 13 at 1400UTC, http://edumooc2011.blogspot.com/ . He has some ideas on the how we can use Google+ effectively, and mentioned some in this recorded event: http://learning2gether.posterous.com/vance-stevens-and-jeff-

      Jeff left this message in the EduMOOC group on Facebook:
      We'll be MOOCasting again July 13 1400GMT global times: http://bit.ly/o8yo8N ) at:
      http://edumooc2011.blogspot.co​m/p/moocast-studio.html

      All are welcome. We'll be using Google+ Hangout for the gathering. As with previous MOOCasts, this will be an open-ended opportunity for EduMOOC'ers to share resources, ideas, and feedback about assorted eduMOOC topics and/or the MOOC itself.

      A couple of hours prior to the MOOCast, Jeff will also be webasting a discussion with Brad Patterson (of http://edulang.com/ , http://snapanda.com/, and the ELT Blog Challenge http://bit.ly/j6FpFO) that may be of interest to the language educators amongst us. We'll start off around 1130GMT as we tune in to the week's http://eltchat.com/ as part of the pre-show. Event takes place at: http://bit.ly/eWBoFL and additional info is at: http://eflbridges.net/event/ef​l-teacher-talk-webcast-w-guest​-brad-patterson

      maybe see you there,
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2011
        I put what I learned from the first of these events in a set of links here:
        http://www.delicious.com/vancestevens/epic

        Trust Jeff will point us to recordings of the latter, or maybe we can find
        them ourselves given a good night's sleep,

        The EduMOOCast series is especially cool. Tip, if you're hanging out in
        Google+, go with Chrome :-)

        Vance

        --
        Vance Stevens