Re: Tomorrow's Meetup July 3 1300 GMT in Elluminate, learning2gether/David Winet

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      Dave gave a great presentation yesterday as you can tell from visiting (wait for it! ...) our new ... (drum rolllll ) PODCAST

      Yes, I've finally sorted through a set of tools that would allow me to start putting some mp3s from Learning 2gether up on the web so you can subscribe to the feed and listen to them the way I do other podcasts ...

      The tools are ...
      1. Elluminate to make the recordings (THANKS Learning Times!)
      2. Elluminate Publish! which is not free but has a generous one month free trial version to let you render the sound track of an Elluminate recording in a couple of minutes. If you've ever used Audacity to do this you'll appreciate the quantum leap in time savings.
      3. Posterous actually lets you upload the media there. Blogger will podcast a URL I believe but you've got to store it somewhere first.
      4. Google Feedburner, which generates RSS feeds for you and has a click box for "I'm a podcaster" so you'll get a feed that feeds you mp3s.

      So check out http://learning2gether.posterous.com/ for all the mp3s I've been able to get online up to now and (this is the best part :-) Subscribe to the podcast at this feed:
      http://feeds.feedburner.com/posterous/l2gcast

      And there you will find all the links to David Winet's recorded artifacts: http://learning2gether.posterous.com/david-winet-explains-his-technique-of-esl-ify

      And you can leave comments if you wish
      (and Dave, if you'll remind me the link to the right video I'll correct the link that's there)

      Vance