Re: Definition for CMC

  • Maria Jordano
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
      Hi all,

      Sorry if this question is too obvious, But do you know any clear definition for CMC to give to an audience where perhaps there are many of them with almost no knowledge on Internet?

      Thank you in advance,

      Mar�a

      Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
      Escultor Fern�ndez M�rquez, 8 1�B
      14012 C�rdoba
      Tfno. +34 957 270 716/ +34 607 510 651
      http://www.geocities.com/maria_jordano/

      SPAIN

    • Nigel Caplan
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
        Maria,

        Denise Murray has a great article in the Winter 2000 (I think) issue of
        TESOL Quarterly in which she defines CMC for a non-tech-y TESOL
        audience. She also has an article somewhere in Language Learning
        Technology which is an online journal (www.llt.msu.edu -- if I remember
        rightly).

        The fact that she raises a critical voice has nothing at all to do with
        my admiration of her writing, of course ...

        Cheers,
        Nigel