Re: [evonline2002_webheads] michael is in lisbon :-) Update

  • John Hibbs
    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
      Webheads is a remarkable, remarkable group for a thousand great reasons.

      Near the top of that Totem Pole is how friendly and warm are those
      one personally meets, especially on their home turf.

      At the very top of that section of the Totem Pole -- and deserving of
      the Gold Star -- is Teresa and Joao. Yes, they do have an advantage.
      Lisbon, Portugal, the places they find, are all exceptional; not to
      mention few residents look at you "funny" because you don't speak
      Portuguese; or laugh out load when you mangle the few words one is
      brave enough to voice.

      Michael's time in Portugal reminds me of my time there, with my time
      in Melbourne with Michael, his time with me in San Diego. (By the
      way, those are all three pretty darn nice places to visit!)

      Hats off to all Webheads -- and a big tip of the cap to Teresa and
      Joao, who provide World Class warmth, hospitality and grace.

      :)

    • John Hibbs

        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
          Dear John,

          You're exceedingly kind and leave me speechless. Thank you for your lovely
          warm words. :-)

          It's always a great pleasure to host dear friends such as you (Apr08),
          Isabel Teixeira (Jul09), Chris Jones (Jun09), Anne Fox (I didn't host her,
          but we met in Lisbon in Jun06), Graham Stanley (Feb05), Rita and Hector
          (Jan05), Claire at an APPI Conference (Apr04) and Sus (Apr02), as well as
          Jean Marc Dieu (May04) and Joti Coghlan (Dec04), both for dinner. And
          Michael this past week, as often as possible. (Hope I didn't miss anyone.)

          My photos are finally all up. Yesterday was a fantastic evening in many
          respects: the company, the conversation, a fabulous warm evening, the places
          we walked about, the sardines and white wine, and the pasteis de Belem.
          Michael said he'd easily eat 3-4. Absolutely!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/teresadeca/sets/72157627067278008/

          I consider myself very lucky to have had so many Webhead friends visit me so
          far and hope many more will come. As you well say, John, it's a remarkable
          group. And Andy Pincon says that Webheads are unique. I agree 100% with both
          of you. Michael and I talked about these features and always ended up
          commenting what we would have missed had there been no Internet and no
          Webheads.

          Huge hugs all, Teresa

          > Webheads is a remarkable, remarkable group for a thousand great reasons.
          >
          > Near the top of that Totem Pole is how friendly and warm are those
          > one personally meets, especially on their home turf.
          >
          > At the very top of that section of the Totem Pole -- and deserving of
          > the Gold Star -- is Teresa and Joao. Yes, they do have an advantage.
          > Lisbon, Portugal, the places they find, are all exceptional; not to
          > mention few residents look at you "funny" because you don't speak
          > Portuguese; or laugh out load when you mangle the few words one is
          > brave enough to voice.
          >
          > Michael's time in Portugal reminds me of my time there, with my time
          > in Melbourne with Michael, his time with me in San Diego. (By the
          > way, those are all three pretty darn nice places to visit!)
          >
          > Hats off to all Webheads -- and a big tip of the cap to Teresa and
          > Joao, who provide World Class warmth, hospitality and grace.
          >
          > :)
          >

          > At 1:05 PM +0100 7/2/11, Teresa Almeida d'Eca wrote:
          >>Vance,
          >>
          >>I'm crossposting. Hope you don't mind.
          >>
          >>Buarcos seems absolutely possible as a place where you had sardines. I've
          >>never been there. It's a fishing village in the Figueira da Foz area
          >>(center
          >>north), where I've been a few times. Lovely area!
          >>http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3168288
          >>
          >>I'm going to upload photos from yesterday evening very soon. Fernanda,
          >>Michael, Joao and I had a fabulous time before, during and after dinner. I
          >>feel sorry that Michael is about to leave, but very happy that I had the
          >>chance to have show him a couple of places that I consider very special.
          >>
          >>In the meantime, here's a photostory of Monday afternoon in Obidos.
          >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KrCCrhgkwg
          >>
          >>Hugs all, Teresa

        • Fernanda Rodrigues
          Message 4 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
            Hi Michael and all

            Everything was great! the sardines, the sunset, but mostly, the company!
            We had a great time yesterday!
            I hope you can come back soon, Michael, and enjoy your stay in SA.

            You can see some photos here:
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/mfr2010/sets/72157627099339910/show/

            beijinhos

            Fernanda

            Message 5 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
              Hi Fernanda!

              Great photos! :-)

              We certainly had a fabulous time yesterday evening! However, it's sad when
              it comes to an end, but it also makes us appreciate those moments even more.
              And... as I said yesterday, we're all very lucky because we're "just a click
              away". :-)

              Enjoy Capetown, Michael! And a safe trip back home.

              Fernanda, I'm Cc:ing BaW11. As newcomers to the Webheads, I'm sure they
              enjoy seeing what it feels like to be a Webhead and how happy Webheads are
              when they get together f2f.

              Beijinhos all, Teresa