Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: michael is in lisbon :-)

    Message 1 of 28 , Jul 1, 2011
      Hi, Chris!

      I remember that Obidos was a favorite place of yours. :-)

      We also went to Cabo da Roca and Sintra yesterday - great memories from
      2009! - , but most of the photos are Michael's.

      Beijinhos, Teresa

      Message 2 of 28 , Jul 1, 2011
        Hi, Vance!

        Thanks for the birthday greetings! :-)

        Yesterday Micahel and I had lunch with Jennifer Richardson, Larissa's PhD
        advisor. Very pleasant. Than we headed out to Sintra and Cabo da Roca, the
        westernmost point of Portugal and Europe.

        This evening we'll be having "fresh" grilled sardines and nice wine. Michael
        only remembers sardines in a can. This time he'll try the "real" thing. :-)

        Hugs, Teresa

        Message 3 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
          I remember grilled sardines, in outdoor restaurants near the beach, in
          Buarcos, maybe ..

          enjoy

          Vance

          --
          Vance Stevens
          http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

          Message 4 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
            And the sardines were great! Yes Vance - down by the beach, but we were in
            Belem. (And I think I even know how to pronounce it :)

            Re the recording of my presentation. I did record it but I can't get it off
            my mp3 player on my eeepc. Long story....but it may have to wait till I get
            home before I can post it.

            Now on to Cape Town!!! Thank you Lisbon, Teresa, Joao, Fernanda - as they say
            in the classics, it's been a blast :)

            - Michael

            =============================

            Message 5 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
              Vance,

              I'm crossposting. Hope you don't mind.

              Buarcos seems absolutely possible as a place where you had sardines. I've
              never been there. It's a fishing village in the Figueira da Foz area (center
              north), where I've been a few times. Lovely area!
              http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3168288

              I'm going to upload photos from yesterday evening very soon. Fernanda,
              Michael, Joao and I had a fabulous time before, during and after dinner. I
              feel sorry that Michael is about to leave, but very happy that I had the
              chance to have show him a couple of places that I consider very special.

              In the meantime, here's a photostory of Monday afternoon in Obidos.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KrCCrhgkwg

              Hugs all, Teresa

              Message 6 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                Hi, Michael!

                We also had a blast hosting a part of your stay. Thank you for coming! :-)

                Safe traveling!

                Beijinhos (on on each cheek, Portuguese style) and a very warm hug, Teresa

                > And the sardines were great! Yes Vance - down by the beach, but we were in
                > Belem. (And I think I even know how to pronounce it :)
                >
                > Re the recording of my presentation. I did record it but I can't get it
                > off
                > my mp3 player on my eeepc. Long story....but it may have to wait till I
                > get
                > home before I can post it.
                >
                > Now on to Cape Town!!! Thank you Lisbon, Teresa, Joao, Fernanda - as they
                > say
                > in the classics, it's been a blast :)
                >
                > - Michael
                >
                > =============================
                > On Sat, Jul 2nd, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Vance Stevens <vancestev@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                >> I remember grilled sardines, in outdoor restaurants near the beach, in
                >> Buarcos, maybe ..
                >>
                >> enjoy
                >>
                >> Vance
                >>

                >> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
                >> <tmvaz@...>wrote:
                >> >
                >> > Hi, Vance!
                >> >
                >> > Thanks for the birthday greetings! :-)
                >> >
                >> > Yesterday Micahel and I had lunch with Jennifer Richardson, Larissa's
                >> PhD
                >> > advisor. Very pleasant. Than we headed out to Sintra and Cabo da Roca,
                >> the
                >> > westernmost point of Portugal and Europe.
                >> >
                >> > This evening we'll be having "fresh" grilled sardines and nice wine.
                >> > Michael
                >> > only remembers sardines in a can. This time he'll try the "real" thing.
                >> :-)
                >> >
                >> > Hugs, Teresa

              • John Hibbs
                Message 7 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                  Webheads is a remarkable, remarkable group for a thousand great reasons.

                  Near the top of that Totem Pole is how friendly and warm are those
                  one personally meets, especially on their home turf.

                  At the very top of that section of the Totem Pole -- and deserving of
                  the Gold Star -- is Teresa and Joao. Yes, they do have an advantage.
                  Lisbon, Portugal, the places they find, are all exceptional; not to
                  mention few residents look at you "funny" because you don't speak
                  Portuguese; or laugh out load when you mangle the few words one is
                  brave enough to voice.

                  Michael's time in Portugal reminds me of my time there, with my time
                  in Melbourne with Michael, his time with me in San Diego. (By the
                  way, those are all three pretty darn nice places to visit!)

                  Hats off to all Webheads -- and a big tip of the cap to Teresa and
                  Joao, who provide World Class warmth, hospitality and grace.

                  :)

                • John Hibbs

                    Message 9 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                      Dear John,

                      You're exceedingly kind and leave me speechless. Thank you for your lovely
                      warm words. :-)

                      It's always a great pleasure to host dear friends such as you (Apr08),
                      Isabel Teixeira (Jul09), Chris Jones (Jun09), Anne Fox (I didn't host her,
                      but we met in Lisbon in Jun06), Graham Stanley (Feb05), Rita and Hector
                      (Jan05), Claire at an APPI Conference (Apr04) and Sus (Apr02), as well as
                      Jean Marc Dieu (May04) and Joti Coghlan (Dec04), both for dinner. And
                      Michael this past week, as often as possible. (Hope I didn't miss anyone.)

                      My photos are finally all up. Yesterday was a fantastic evening in many
                      respects: the company, the conversation, a fabulous warm evening, the places
                      we walked about, the sardines and white wine, and the pasteis de Belem.
                      Michael said he'd easily eat 3-4. Absolutely!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/teresadeca/sets/72157627067278008/

                      I consider myself very lucky to have had so many Webhead friends visit me so
                      far and hope many more will come. As you well say, John, it's a remarkable
                      group. And Andy Pincon says that Webheads are unique. I agree 100% with both
                      of you. Michael and I talked about these features and always ended up
                      commenting what we would have missed had there been no Internet and no
                      Webheads.

                      Huge hugs all, Teresa

                      > Webheads is a remarkable, remarkable group for a thousand great reasons.
                      >
                      > Near the top of that Totem Pole is how friendly and warm are those
                      > one personally meets, especially on their home turf.
                      >
                      > At the very top of that section of the Totem Pole -- and deserving of
                      > the Gold Star -- is Teresa and Joao. Yes, they do have an advantage.
                      > Lisbon, Portugal, the places they find, are all exceptional; not to
                      > mention few residents look at you "funny" because you don't speak
                      > Portuguese; or laugh out load when you mangle the few words one is
                      > brave enough to voice.
                      >
                      > Michael's time in Portugal reminds me of my time there, with my time
                      > in Melbourne with Michael, his time with me in San Diego. (By the
                      > way, those are all three pretty darn nice places to visit!)
                      >
                      > Hats off to all Webheads -- and a big tip of the cap to Teresa and
                      > Joao, who provide World Class warmth, hospitality and grace.
                      >
                      > :)
                      >

                      > At 1:05 PM +0100 7/2/11, Teresa Almeida d'Eca wrote:
                      >>Vance,
                      >>
                      >>I'm crossposting. Hope you don't mind.
                      >>
                      >>Buarcos seems absolutely possible as a place where you had sardines. I've
                      >>never been there. It's a fishing village in the Figueira da Foz area
                      >>(center
                      >>north), where I've been a few times. Lovely area!
                      >>http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3168288
                      >>
                      >>I'm going to upload photos from yesterday evening very soon. Fernanda,
                      >>Michael, Joao and I had a fabulous time before, during and after dinner. I
                      >>feel sorry that Michael is about to leave, but very happy that I had the
                      >>chance to have show him a couple of places that I consider very special.
                      >>
                      >>In the meantime, here's a photostory of Monday afternoon in Obidos.
                      >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KrCCrhgkwg
                      >>
                      >>Hugs all, Teresa

                    • Fernanda Rodrigues
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                        Hi Michael and all

                        Everything was great! the sardines, the sunset, but mostly, the company!
                        We had a great time yesterday!
                        I hope you can come back soon, Michael, and enjoy your stay in SA.

                        You can see some photos here:
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/mfr2010/sets/72157627099339910/show/

                        beijinhos

                        Fernanda

                        Message 11 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                          Hi Fernanda!

                          Great photos! :-)

                          We certainly had a fabulous time yesterday evening! However, it's sad when
                          it comes to an end, but it also makes us appreciate those moments even more.
                          And... as I said yesterday, we're all very lucky because we're "just a click
                          away". :-)

                          Enjoy Capetown, Michael! And a safe trip back home.

                          Fernanda, I'm Cc:ing BaW11. As newcomers to the Webheads, I'm sure they
                          enjoy seeing what it feels like to be a Webhead and how happy Webheads are
                          when they get together f2f.

                          Beijinhos all, Teresa