Character Blogs and VoiceThread - Jane Petring

  • Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 26, 2011
      Hi all--

      Our Webhead Jane Petring has just published a really nice article, found in ProfWeb: "From Character Blogs and VoiceThread: Exploring Points of View." A really nice explanation of how blogs and digital media can be used creatively in writing classes.

      <http://www.profweb.qc.ca/en/publications/stories/from-character-blogs-to-voicethreads-exploring-points-of-view/index.html>

      (Mind the spaces)
    • nina.lyulkun@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 27, 2011
        Hi Elizabeth,

        Thank you very much for sharing Jane's very interesting article. It is
        really worth to read, lots of very interesting ideas for our classes.

        Enjoy,
        Nina

        --
        *Nina Lyulkun *(Ukraine)
        Khmel'nyts'kyi National University <http://www.tup.km.ua/>

      • Nina Liakos
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 27, 2011
          Great little article, awesome ideas from Jane. I just listened to a couple of the "This I Believe" VoiceThreads. The students did a fabulous job expressing how they feel about issues that are important to them (and us). Wonderful, Jane!
          Nina

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Elizabeth Hanson-Smith" <ehansonsmi@...> wrote:

          > Hi all--
          >
          > Our Webhead Jane Petring has just published a really nice article, found in ProfWeb: "From Character Blogs and VoiceThread: Exploring Points of View." A really nice explanation of how blogs and digital media can be used creatively in writing classes.
          >
          > <http://www.profweb.qc.ca/en/publications/stories/from-character-blogs-to-voicethreads-exploring-points-of-view/index.html>
          >
          > (Mind the spaces)

        • Jane Petring
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2011
            Dear Elizabeth, Nina, Nina, Carla et al,

            Thank you so much for your comments regarding the article in Profweb! My
            husband and I were travelling with sporadic internet connections so I
            couldn't respond earlier. I had a good group of advanced students last
            winter/spring and was able to experiment with a number of digital
            storytelling tools to explore literature in different ways--too much for one
            1000-word article, so there will most likely be another article in the fall
            to explain some of the smaller creative projects we worked on.

            Jane Petring
            <

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 5, 2011
              Dear Jane,

              "Better late than never"! So sorry I didn't get to reply at once to
              Elizabeth's message to send my hearty congrats on a job well done in class -
              same applies to your students - and in the article. Looking forward to part
              2. :-)

              Hope you had fun in your travels.

              Hugs, Teresa

              > Dear Elizabeth, Nina, Nina, Carla et al,
              >
              > Thank you so much for your comments regarding the article in Profweb! My
              > husband and I were travelling with sporadic internet connections so I
              > couldn't respond earlier. I had a good group of advanced students last
              > winter/spring and was able to experiment with a number of digital
              > storytelling tools to explore literature in different ways--too much for
              > one
              > 1000-word article, so there will most likely be another article in the
              > fall
              > to explain some of the smaller creative projects we worked on.
              >
              > Jane Petring
              > <
              > http://www.profweb.qc.ca/en/publications/stories/from-character-blogs-to-voicethreads-exploring-points-of-view/index.html
            • Carla arena
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 5, 2011
                My dearest Jane,

                It was great reading all the creativity that took place in your class. No
                wonder with the students with Hurricane Jane as the teacher!

                Beijos. Miss you!
                Oh, next year, BrazTESOL will be in Rio!!! How about presenting about all of
                it again in Rio???

                Carla
                EVO Coordinating Team
                http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com