michael is in lisbon :-)

    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 26, 2011
      Dear Webheads,

      Just to say that Joao and I picked Michael up at the airport and left him at the hotel about an hour ago. He was very happy to be in Lisbon and I am excited to be able to show him a few things.

      We'll be joining him for dinner this evening, hopefully by the river. It's a very hot day.

      Hugs all, Teresa

    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 26, 2011
        I can't wait to see the photos of this Portuguese feast!

        Enjoy, Michael and Tere.

        Beijocas,
        Carla
        EVO Coordinating Team
        http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
        Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

        On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <
        tmvaz@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Dear Webheads,
        >
        > Just to say that Joao and I picked Michael up at the airport and left him
        > at the hotel about an hour ago. He was very happy to be in Lisbon and I am
        > excited to be able to show him a few things.
        >
        > We'll be joining him for dinner this evening, hopefully by the river. It's
        > a very hot day.
        >
        > Hugs all, Teresa

      • Barbara Dieu
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 27, 2011
          Have a wonderful time together, drink a lot of great Portuguese wine and let
          us know through photographs and narrative what is going on :-)
          Warm regards from Brazil (back from a lazy Corpus Christi weekend in the
          countryside)
          B.

          --
          Barbara Dieu
          http://barbaradieu.com

        • Bauer-Ramazani, Christine
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 27, 2011
            Hi to Michael and Tere in Lisbon! What fun it must be. I immediately checked the venue of the next ED-MEDIA conference (Denver, CO). I met Michael at an ED-MEDIA conference in Honolulu, Hawaii a few years ago and then again at TESOL in NYC.
            Have fun in Lisbon and at ED-MEDIA. It's a great conference.

            Christine Bauer-Ramazani
            Saint Michael's College
            One Winooski Park
            Colchester, VT 05439-0253
            802-654-2642

            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 28, 2011
              Dear Carla, Bee, Christine and Paddy,

              Here are the first photos of two get-togethers with Michael so far.
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/teresadeca/sets/

              We've had a wonderful time and great talks. He really enjoyed the dinner by
              the river (he ate "bacalhau assado" / baked cod) and loved Obidos yesterday.
              As we were leaving, Michael commented: "It's the sort of place you feel
              sorry to leave". Absolutely!

              We'll probably be meeting tomorrow afternoon in Cascais and then for sure on
              Friday evening for dinner. Fernanda will be joining us.

              Christine, waht a coincidence! Just yesterday Michael was telling us about
              how you both met in Hawaii. :-)

              Hugs all, Teresa

              Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 2:41 PM

              >I can't wait to see the photos of this Portuguese feast!
              >
              > Enjoy, Michael and Tere.
              >
              > Beijocas,
              > Carla
              >
              > On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <
              > tmvaz@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Dear Webheads,
              >>
              >> Just to say that Joao and I picked Michael up at the airport and left him
              >> at the hotel about an hour ago. He was very happy to be in Lisbon and I
              >> am
              >> excited to be able to show him a few things.
              >>
              >> We'll be joining him for dinner this evening, hopefully by the river.
              >> It's
              >> a very hot day.
              >>
              >> Hugs all, Teresa
            • Carla arena
              Message 6 of 28 , Jun 28, 2011
                Lovely photos, Tere and Michael. I can see how much fun you had together!

                On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...

              • michaelc@chariot.net.au
                Message 7 of 28 , Jun 28, 2011
                  Hi Carla and everyone.

                  I'm loving it here :) It's been a joy to see Teresa and Joao, and I'd
                  forgotten how enchanting Lisbon is. When I stop wandering around this
                  beautiful city and am satisfied that my presentation is ready (which is on
                  tomorrow) I'll write some more.

                  Heard Alec Couros and George Siemens talk this morning so it was a morning
                  full of great brain food. Now heading out for some eye food!

                  - Michael

                  =======================

                  Message 8 of 28 , Jun 28, 2011
                    sounds great Michael
                    enjoy,
                    Vance

                    On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 4:56 PM, <michaelc@...> wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > Hi Carla and everyone.
                    >
                    > I'm loving it here :) It's been a joy to see Teresa and Joao, and I'd
                    > forgotten how enchanting Lisbon is. When I stop wandering around this
                    > beautiful city and am satisfied that my presentation is ready (which is on
                    > tomorrow) I'll write some more.
                    >
                    > Heard Alec Couros and George Siemens talk this morning so it was a morning
                    > full of great brain food. Now heading out for some eye food!
                    >
                    > - Michael
                    >
                    > =======================
                    >
                    > On Tue, Jun 28th, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Carla arena <carlaarena@...>
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    > > Lovely photos, Tere and Michael. I can see how much fun you had together!
                    > >
                    > > Beijocas,
                    > > Carla
                    > > EVO Coordinating Team
                    > > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
                    > > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com
                    > >

                    > > On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
                    > > <tmvaz@...
                    > > > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > **
                    > > >

                    > > > Dear Carla, Bee, Christine and Paddy,
                    > > >
                    > > > Here are the first photos of two get-togethers with Michael so far.
                    > > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/teresadeca/sets/
                    > > >
                    > > > We've had a wonderful time and great talks. He really enjoyed the
                    > dinner
                    > > by
                    > > >
                    > > > the river (he ate "bacalhau assado" / baked cod) and loved Obidos
                    > > > yesterday.
                    > > > As we were leaving, Michael commented: "It's the sort of place you feel
                    > > > sorry to leave". Absolutely!
                    > > >
                    > > > We'll probably be meeting tomorrow afternoon in Cascais and then for
                    > > sure
                    > > > on
                    > > > Friday evening for dinner. Fernanda will be joining us.
                    > > >
                    > > > Christine, waht a coincidence! Just yesterday Michael was telling us
                    > > about
                    > > > how you both met in Hawaii. :-)
                    > > >
                    > > > Hugs all, Teresa
                    > > >
                    > > > Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 2:41 PM
                    > > >
                    > > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] michael is in lisbon :-)

                    > > left
                    > > > him
                    > and

                    > > river.

                    Vance Stevens
                    http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
                    http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

                  • Barbara Dieu
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jun 28, 2011
                      Hi Michael,
                      What will you be presenting on and what time? Will it be streamed?
                      A good Brazilian friend of mine is also participating in this conference.
                      Her name is Cristiana Matos.(Twitter @crismatos) She's from Bandeirantes
                      school in São Paulo and the Práxis community of practice I belong to as
                      well.
                      Warm regards,
                      B.

                      --
                      Barbara Dieu
                      http://barbaradieu.com

                    • ElizabethA
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jun 28, 2011
                        Great photos !
                        thanks for sharing - they really give the feel of how great it is meeting up, and then the fabulous décor on top of that ...
                        bises de Grenoble
                        ElizabethA

                        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Almeida d'Eca" <tmvaz@...> wrote:

                        > Dear Carla, Bee, Christine and Paddy,
                        >
                        > Here are the first photos of two get-togethers with Michael so far.
                        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/teresadeca/sets/
                        >
                        > We've had a wonderful time and great talks. He really enjoyed the dinner by
                        > the river (he ate "bacalhau assado" / baked cod) and loved Obidos yesterday.
                        > As we were leaving, Michael commented: "It's the sort of place you feel
                        > sorry to leave". Absolutely!
                        >
                        > We'll probably be meeting tomorrow afternoon in Cascais and then for sure on
                        > Friday evening for dinner. Fernanda will be joining us.
                        >
                        > Christine, waht a coincidence! Just yesterday Michael was telling us about
                        > how you both met in Hawaii. :-)
                        >
                        > Hugs all, Teresa
                      • ehansonsmi
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jun 29, 2011
                          It's nice to see that Obidos is as lovely as ever. And great to see you guys enjoying the Portuguese sunshine and vinho!

                          Hugs--
                          --Elizabeth HS

                          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Almeida d'Eca" <tmvaz@...> wrote:

                          > Dear Carla, Bee, Christine and Paddy,
                          >
                          > Here are the first photos of two get-togethers with Michael so far.
                          > http://www.flickr.com/photos/teresadeca/sets/
                          >
                          > We've had a wonderful time and great talks. He really enjoyed the dinner by
                          > the river (he ate "bacalhau assado" / baked cod) and loved Obidos yesterday.
                          > As we were leaving, Michael commented: "It's the sort of place you feel
                          > sorry to leave". Absolutely!
                          >
                          > We'll probably be meeting tomorrow afternoon in Cascais and then for sure on
                          > Friday evening for dinner. Fernanda will be joining us.
                          >
                          > Christine, waht a coincidence! Just yesterday Michael was telling us about
                          > how you both met in Hawaii. :-)
                          >
                          > Hugs all, Teresa

                        • edtec2002
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jun 29, 2011
                            Hi, Teresa, Joao, and Michael,

                            These photos remind me of the wonderful visit my friend Joan and I had with Teresa and Joao in 2009. Obidos was one of my favorite places to visit, and I, too, loved the liquor served up in chocolate cups. Michael, enjoy your time there.

                            Hugs!
                            Chris Jones

                            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Almeida d'Eca" <tmvaz@...> wrote:

                            > Dear Carla, Bee, Christine and Paddy,
                            >
                            > Here are the first photos of two get-togethers with Michael so far.
                            > http://www.flickr.com/photos/teresadeca/sets/
                            >
                            > We've had a wonderful time and great talks. He really enjoyed the dinner by
                            > the river (he ate "bacalhau assado" / baked cod) and loved Obidos yesterday.
                            > As we were leaving, Michael commented: "It's the sort of place you feel
                            > sorry to leave". Absolutely!
                            >
                            > We'll probably be meeting tomorrow afternoon in Cascais and then for sure on
                            > Friday evening for dinner. Fernanda will be joining us.
                            >
                            > Christine, waht a coincidence! Just yesterday Michael was telling us about
                            > how you both met in Hawaii. :-)
                            >
                            > Hugs all, Teresa
                          • Bauer-Ramazani, Christine
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jun 29, 2011
                              Great photos, Teresa and Michael! So nice to see you all together. Wish I could be there at ED-MEDIA.

                              Christine Bauer-Ramazani
                              Saint Michael's College
                              One Winooski Park
                              Colchester, VT 05439-0253
                              802-654-2642

                            • michaelc@chariot.net.au
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jun 29, 2011
                                Hello everyone.

                                Lisbon is quite magical - such a pretty place. Charm and heritage everywhere.

                                Yes today was Teresa's birthday! We met for coffee this afternoon
                                (http://www.flickr.com/photos/teresadeca/5885886548/) before Teresa went off
                                for a birthday dinner with her family.

                                Bee - my presentation was not streamed. I did however make my own recording
                                of it and I shall try and get it up online over the next day or so.

                                As I invited myself to this conference ( i.e. NOT an invited speaker) I got
                                no special treatment and had to use an ancient computer that struggled to use
                                a browser and Powerpoint at the same time! My presentation was on Nicholas
                                Carr's book - What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains. I had all of 12
                                people attend. However I still think this is an important topic that needs
                                to be aired.

                                I shall keep an eye out for Cristiana.

                                - Michael

                                ========================
                                On Tue, Jun 28th, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Barbara Dieu <beeonline@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Michael,
                                > What will you be presenting on and what time? Will it be streamed?
                                > A good Brazilian friend of mine is also participating in this conference.
                                > Her name is Cristiana Matos.(Twitter @crismatos) She's from Bandeirantes
                                > school in São Paulo and the Práxis community of practice I belong to as
                                > well.
                                > Warm regards,
                                > B.
                                >
                                > --
                                > Barbara Dieu
                                > http://barbaradieu.com
                                > http://beespace.net

                              • John Hibbs
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jun 29, 2011

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jun 30, 2011
                                    Hi Michael and all in Lisbon
                                    I like the conference attire as evidenced in the photos
                                    and Happy Birthday to Teresa!

                                    I look forward to hearing your recording of your talk on the Shallows

                                    You mentioned some time ago that we should discuss this book at one of our
                                    weekly Sunday http://learning2gether.pbworks.com sessions and consequently
                                    I've been reading it, in preparation.

                                    David Winet is presenting this Sunday July 3 and Graham Stanley is
                                    presenting from Webheads HQ in SL on July 24, but all other dates
                                    e.g. Sunday July 10, 17, 31 and into August, etc. are available.

                                    When the dust settles there and you're back on home turf, let's schedule a
                                    time to air this discussion, as you put it.

                                    And for everyone else reading this, we KNOW you have something to share with
                                    us, why not come online Sunday at or around 1300 GMT (give or take a day or
                                    two) and we can discuss your issue or passion or success in teaching.

                                    Hope to hear from you,
                                    Vance

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jun 30, 2011
                                      Thank you for your wishes Chris - and lovely to hear from you. I hope life is
                                      treating you well.

                                      - Michael

                                      =============================

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jul 1, 2011
                                        Hi, Chris!

                                        I remember that Obidos was a favorite place of yours. :-)

                                        We also went to Cabo da Roca and Sintra yesterday - great memories from
                                        2009! - , but most of the photos are Michael's.

                                        Beijinhos, Teresa

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jul 1, 2011
                                          Hi, Vance!

                                          Thanks for the birthday greetings! :-)

                                          Yesterday Micahel and I had lunch with Jennifer Richardson, Larissa's PhD
                                          advisor. Very pleasant. Than we headed out to Sintra and Cabo da Roca, the
                                          westernmost point of Portugal and Europe.

                                          This evening we'll be having "fresh" grilled sardines and nice wine. Michael
                                          only remembers sardines in a can. This time he'll try the "real" thing. :-)

                                          Hugs, Teresa

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                                            I remember grilled sardines, in outdoor restaurants near the beach, in
                                            Buarcos, maybe ..

                                            enjoy

                                            Vance

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                                              And the sardines were great! Yes Vance - down by the beach, but we were in
                                              Belem. (And I think I even know how to pronounce it :)

                                              Re the recording of my presentation. I did record it but I can't get it off
                                              my mp3 player on my eeepc. Long story....but it may have to wait till I get
                                              home before I can post it.

                                              Now on to Cape Town!!! Thank you Lisbon, Teresa, Joao, Fernanda - as they say
                                              in the classics, it's been a blast :)

                                              - Michael

                                              =============================

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                                                Vance,

                                                I'm crossposting. Hope you don't mind.

                                                Buarcos seems absolutely possible as a place where you had sardines. I've
                                                never been there. It's a fishing village in the Figueira da Foz area (center
                                                north), where I've been a few times. Lovely area!
                                                http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3168288

                                                I'm going to upload photos from yesterday evening very soon. Fernanda,
                                                Michael, Joao and I had a fabulous time before, during and after dinner. I
                                                feel sorry that Michael is about to leave, but very happy that I had the
                                                chance to have show him a couple of places that I consider very special.

                                                In the meantime, here's a photostory of Monday afternoon in Obidos.
                                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KrCCrhgkwg

                                                Hugs all, Teresa

                                                Message 23 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                                                  Hi, Michael!

                                                  We also had a blast hosting a part of your stay. Thank you for coming! :-)

                                                  Safe traveling!

                                                  Beijinhos (on on each cheek, Portuguese style) and a very warm hug, Teresa

                                                  > And the sardines were great! Yes Vance - down by the beach, but we were in
                                                  > Belem. (And I think I even know how to pronounce it :)
                                                  >
                                                  > Re the recording of my presentation. I did record it but I can't get it
                                                  > off
                                                  > my mp3 player on my eeepc. Long story....but it may have to wait till I
                                                  > get
                                                  > home before I can post it.
                                                  >
                                                  > Now on to Cape Town!!! Thank you Lisbon, Teresa, Joao, Fernanda - as they
                                                  > say
                                                  > in the classics, it's been a blast :)
                                                  >
                                                  > - Michael
                                                  >
                                                  > =============================
                                                  > On Sat, Jul 2nd, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Vance Stevens <vancestev@...>
                                                  > wrote:
                                                  >
                                                  >> I remember grilled sardines, in outdoor restaurants near the beach, in
                                                  >> Buarcos, maybe ..
                                                  >>
                                                  >> enjoy
                                                  >>
                                                  >> Vance
                                                  >>

                                                  >> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
                                                  >> <tmvaz@...>wrote:
                                                  >> >
                                                  >> > Hi, Vance!
                                                  >> >
                                                  >> > Thanks for the birthday greetings! :-)
                                                  >> >
                                                  >> > Yesterday Micahel and I had lunch with Jennifer Richardson, Larissa's
                                                  >> PhD
                                                  >> > advisor. Very pleasant. Than we headed out to Sintra and Cabo da Roca,
                                                  >> the
                                                  >> > westernmost point of Portugal and Europe.
                                                  >> >
                                                  >> > This evening we'll be having "fresh" grilled sardines and nice wine.
                                                  >> > Michael
                                                  >> > only remembers sardines in a can. This time he'll try the "real" thing.
                                                  >> :-)
                                                  >> >
                                                  >> > Hugs, Teresa

                                                • John Hibbs
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                                                    Webheads is a remarkable, remarkable group for a thousand great reasons.

                                                    Near the top of that Totem Pole is how friendly and warm are those
                                                    one personally meets, especially on their home turf.

                                                    At the very top of that section of the Totem Pole -- and deserving of
                                                    the Gold Star -- is Teresa and Joao. Yes, they do have an advantage.
                                                    Lisbon, Portugal, the places they find, are all exceptional; not to
                                                    mention few residents look at you "funny" because you don't speak
                                                    Portuguese; or laugh out load when you mangle the few words one is
                                                    brave enough to voice.

                                                    Michael's time in Portugal reminds me of my time there, with my time
                                                    in Melbourne with Michael, his time with me in San Diego. (By the
                                                    way, those are all three pretty darn nice places to visit!)

                                                    Hats off to all Webheads -- and a big tip of the cap to Teresa and
                                                    Joao, who provide World Class warmth, hospitality and grace.

                                                    :)

                                                  • John Hibbs

                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                                                        Dear John,

                                                        You're exceedingly kind and leave me speechless. Thank you for your lovely
                                                        warm words. :-)

                                                        It's always a great pleasure to host dear friends such as you (Apr08),
                                                        Isabel Teixeira (Jul09), Chris Jones (Jun09), Anne Fox (I didn't host her,
                                                        but we met in Lisbon in Jun06), Graham Stanley (Feb05), Rita and Hector
                                                        (Jan05), Claire at an APPI Conference (Apr04) and Sus (Apr02), as well as
                                                        Jean Marc Dieu (May04) and Joti Coghlan (Dec04), both for dinner. And
                                                        Michael this past week, as often as possible. (Hope I didn't miss anyone.)

                                                        My photos are finally all up. Yesterday was a fantastic evening in many
                                                        respects: the company, the conversation, a fabulous warm evening, the places
                                                        we walked about, the sardines and white wine, and the pasteis de Belem.
                                                        Michael said he'd easily eat 3-4. Absolutely!
                                                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/teresadeca/sets/72157627067278008/

                                                        I consider myself very lucky to have had so many Webhead friends visit me so
                                                        far and hope many more will come. As you well say, John, it's a remarkable
                                                        group. And Andy Pincon says that Webheads are unique. I agree 100% with both
                                                        of you. Michael and I talked about these features and always ended up
                                                        commenting what we would have missed had there been no Internet and no
                                                        Webheads.

                                                        Huge hugs all, Teresa

                                                        > Webheads is a remarkable, remarkable group for a thousand great reasons.
                                                        >
                                                        > Near the top of that Totem Pole is how friendly and warm are those
                                                        > one personally meets, especially on their home turf.
                                                        >
                                                        > At the very top of that section of the Totem Pole -- and deserving of
                                                        > the Gold Star -- is Teresa and Joao. Yes, they do have an advantage.
                                                        > Lisbon, Portugal, the places they find, are all exceptional; not to
                                                        > mention few residents look at you "funny" because you don't speak
                                                        > Portuguese; or laugh out load when you mangle the few words one is
                                                        > brave enough to voice.
                                                        >
                                                        > Michael's time in Portugal reminds me of my time there, with my time
                                                        > in Melbourne with Michael, his time with me in San Diego. (By the
                                                        > way, those are all three pretty darn nice places to visit!)
                                                        >
                                                        > Hats off to all Webheads -- and a big tip of the cap to Teresa and
                                                        > Joao, who provide World Class warmth, hospitality and grace.
                                                        >
                                                        > :)
                                                        >

                                                        > At 1:05 PM +0100 7/2/11, Teresa Almeida d'Eca wrote:
                                                        >>Vance,
                                                        >>
                                                        >>I'm crossposting. Hope you don't mind.
                                                        >>
                                                        >>Buarcos seems absolutely possible as a place where you had sardines. I've
                                                        >>never been there. It's a fishing village in the Figueira da Foz area
                                                        >>(center
                                                        >>north), where I've been a few times. Lovely area!
                                                        >>http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3168288
                                                        >>
                                                        >>I'm going to upload photos from yesterday evening very soon. Fernanda,
                                                        >>Michael, Joao and I had a fabulous time before, during and after dinner. I
                                                        >>feel sorry that Michael is about to leave, but very happy that I had the
                                                        >>chance to have show him a couple of places that I consider very special.
                                                        >>
                                                        >>In the meantime, here's a photostory of Monday afternoon in Obidos.
                                                        >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KrCCrhgkwg
                                                        >>
                                                        >>Hugs all, Teresa

                                                      • Fernanda Rodrigues
                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                                                          Hi Michael and all

                                                          Everything was great! the sardines, the sunset, but mostly, the company!
                                                          We had a great time yesterday!
                                                          I hope you can come back soon, Michael, and enjoy your stay in SA.

                                                          You can see some photos here:
                                                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/mfr2010/sets/72157627099339910/show/

                                                          beijinhos

                                                          Fernanda

                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Jul 2, 2011
                                                            Hi Fernanda!

                                                            Great photos! :-)

                                                            We certainly had a fabulous time yesterday evening! However, it's sad when
                                                            it comes to an end, but it also makes us appreciate those moments even more.
                                                            And... as I said yesterday, we're all very lucky because we're "just a click
                                                            away". :-)

                                                            Enjoy Capetown, Michael! And a safe trip back home.

                                                            Fernanda, I'm Cc:ing BaW11. As newcomers to the Webheads, I'm sure they
                                                            enjoy seeing what it feels like to be a Webhead and how happy Webheads are
                                                            when they get together f2f.

                                                            Beijinhos all, Teresa