Accessing Classroom One from www.study.com

  • David Winet
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2011
      Hi Teresa and all Webheads

      First off thanks Teresa for volunteering as a guest lecturer for the Teacher Training class (also thanks to Vance, Ali, and Michael -- who despite being a rugged Aussie for some strange reason isn't thrilled to get up at 2:45 a.m. to teach - go figure.  It's okay Mike we'll find a better time ;)

      Thanks also for asking about Classroom One. It can be obstreperous lately. Here's what works for me:
      1. Use only Internet Explorer
      2. Go to www.study.com
      3. Click on 'Classroom One'
      4. You *should* be asked by IE if you want to Run or Save. Choose SAVE.
      5. Important: Click 'View Downloads'
      6. You *should* see 'plaunch.cbox
      7.  Click on plaunch.cbox and you *should* see the entry box for the classroom.
      8. Enter any name you like, and no password.

      Please by all means let me know if that doesn't work.

      Dave Winet

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2011
        Hi, Dave!

        I just tried the steps and in #5 I opened the only file I got,
        "cbinstall.net" file. I didn't get "plaunch.cbox". And there was no option
        to View Downloads in IE. Anyway, I clicked on cbinstall.net, but it asked me
        to install the Conference Client. That's when I canceled.

        Even though you specifically said to use only IE, I turned "adventurous"
        ;-) and tried it with Firefox. Exactly the same thing happened. I never got
        plaunch.cbox, so I canceled and deleted the cbinstall.net file.

        Hugs, Teresa