Re: Call for Guest Lecturers for Teacher Training Class

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 12, 2011
      Hi David,

      Thanks Michael for the reminder of David's sessions. I recall that David was going to find a time that he could show us at Learning2gether about his YouTube Video technique, and I could be available occasionally at 5 pm GMT on a Saturday night if I'm not traveling.

      Also, to Michael, I'm about done reading the Shallows. Michael had challenged me to read it some time ago and then come onto Learning2gether and discuss it. I guess if you want to set a date and time I could power through to the end of the book.

      I applaud all of these initiatives. Also, dancing at the outskirts of our networks, possibly one of the best of this genre is Steve Hargadon's Classroom 2.0 http://www.classroom20.com/ and its recent offshoot (reclaimed from Edubloggerworld) Teacher 2.0 http://teacher20.com/. I rarely go to them myself but like ours, they are all recorded, and Steve occasionally has some real stars with him, such as Clay Shirky and Dan Pink.

      Not that we don't have stars as well, but possibly we could merge some of these ventures. For example, if 1300 Sunday GMT is inconvenient and 5 pm Saturday were a better time of day/night we could 'recruit' for one another and combine our events at the alternative times.

      In any event, well done,
      Vance

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 2011
        Hi, Dave!

        I haven't been able to access Classroom One in spite of the requested
        download. This has happened both in IE and Firefox. Can you give a clue on
        how to access it and/or what it's all about? TIA.
        You can count on me as long as I can access the classroom.

        Hugs, Teresa