Call for Guest Lecturers for Teacher Training Class

  • Study
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2011
      Greetings Webheads!

      I've started a Teacher Training course on http://www.study.com (Classroom One) on Saturdays at 5 pm GMT and would love to have some guest speakers come and talk about how to be an effective teacher on or offline. As little at 15 minutes or as much as 45 minutes would do it.

      The students must be current ESL/EFL teachers or grad students.

      Please consider it. Thanks.

      David Winet
    • Ali Boumoussa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2011
        Hi Dave,

        As a former www. study.com tutor and co-moderator of the EVO-Tips n' Tricks
        sessions, I should congratulate you on this great initiative and, of course,
        I would more than happy to join you and share my two cents' worth.

        Best
        Ali

        Coll�ge ahuntsic
        Montreal, Quebec
        ali.boumoussa@...

        On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Study <dwinet@...> wrote:

        > Greetings Webheads!
        >
        > I've started a Teacher Training course on http://www.study.com (Classroom
        > One) on Saturdays at 5 pm GMT and would love to have some guest speakers
        > come and talk about how to be an effective teacher on or offline. As little
        > at 15 minutes or as much as 45 minutes would do it.
        >
        > The students must be current ESL/EFL teachers or grad students.
        >
        > Please consider it. Thanks.
        >
        > David Winet

      • Michael Coghlan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 12, 2011
          Hi David.

          I like the idea but 2.30 am for me so I'll pass. Hope it goes well

          - Michael

          ----------

          At 02:31 AM 12/06/2011, you wrote:

          >Greetings Webheads!
          >
          >I've started a Teacher Training course on
          ><http://www.study.com>http://www.study.com
          >(Classroom One) on Saturdays at 5 pm GMT and
          >would love to have some guest speakers come and
          >talk about how to be an effective teacher on or
          >offline. As little at 15 minutes or as much as 45 minutes would do it.
          >
          >The students must be current ESL/EFL teachers or grad students.
          >
          >Please consider it. Thanks.
          >
          >David Winet

        • Vance
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 12, 2011
            Hi David,

            Thanks Michael for the reminder of David's sessions. I recall that David was going to find a time that he could show us at Learning2gether about his YouTube Video technique, and I could be available occasionally at 5 pm GMT on a Saturday night if I'm not traveling.

            Also, to Michael, I'm about done reading the Shallows. Michael had challenged me to read it some time ago and then come onto Learning2gether and discuss it. I guess if you want to set a date and time I could power through to the end of the book.

            I applaud all of these initiatives. Also, dancing at the outskirts of our networks, possibly one of the best of this genre is Steve Hargadon's Classroom 2.0 http://www.classroom20.com/ and its recent offshoot (reclaimed from Edubloggerworld) Teacher 2.0 http://teacher20.com/. I rarely go to them myself but like ours, they are all recorded, and Steve occasionally has some real stars with him, such as Clay Shirky and Dan Pink.

            Not that we don't have stars as well, but possibly we could merge some of these ventures. For example, if 1300 Sunday GMT is inconvenient and 5 pm Saturday were a better time of day/night we could 'recruit' for one another and combine our events at the alternative times.

            In any event, well done,
            Vance

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 13, 2011
              Hi, Dave!

              I haven't been able to access Classroom One in spite of the requested
              download. This has happened both in IE and Firefox. Can you give a clue on
              how to access it and/or what it's all about? TIA.
              You can count on me as long as I can access the classroom.

              Hugs, Teresa