Learning2gether a little early Sunday May 22 12:30 GMT (not 1300 as usual)
- Hi Dear Webheads,
This is to let you know that Sunday, May 22, at 12:30 GMT (not 1300 as usual). This could be interesting, and all are MORE than welcome ...
Yurii Vedrashko and Sean Dowling discuss with participants the role and construction of a PLE. Sean is Educational Technology Coordinator at HCT, in Sharja; while Yuri is a Foundations teacher and CMS (Moodle and BbVista enthusiast) at Fujairah Women's College. They have differing views on how such spaces should be configured. Roughly speaking, Yurii favors consolidating spaces accessible through a single login on a CMS / LMS, while Sean takes the 'many pieces loosely joined approach' by incorporating learning objects from many spaces in learning environments he creates online.
* blogs at http://seandowling68.wordpress.com/.
Links to his various online spaces are in the "My teaching blogs" widget.
* Sean's paper has sparked this discussion: http://seandowling68.files.wordpress.com/2010/1/digital_learning_spaces_sdowling.pdf
* Yuri's Moodle website http://shc-itecweb-01.hct.ac.ae/projects/moodle_yv/
* Join the Ning and comment on a discussion started by Yurii at: http://taedtech.ning.com/forum/topics/moodle-lessons-lets-get
When and where:
* noon GMT, start gathering at http://tappedin.org for distance coordination and setup
* 12:30 GMT (note slightly earlier start than usual), start in Elluminate
Find the tme where you are here: http://tinyurl.com/2011may22gmt1230
* Eluminate is at http://tinyurl.com/y3eh,
and the full URL is http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=273662
This event is part of a participant-driven professional development series planned as a part of the ongoing (since 1998) Webheads in Action professional development series, most recently with the involvement of the TESOL Arabia EdTech SIG.
Please note, Elluminate is generously provided to us by Learning Times, and prior registration is required (non-intrusive, takes only minutes).
For more information and links to recordings please visit http://learning2gether.pbworks.com
The Google Calendar showing these events is displayed at http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/calendarhttp://multiliteracies.ning.com/ http://taedtech.ning.com
For GMT or UTC time converted to your time zone, you can enter noon GMT and the date of this event into the World Clock fixed form:http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html