Re: [evonline2002_webheads] My students would love some comments on their projects

  • ClairMichelle Taylor
    Message 1 of 6 , May 19, 2011
      Ali and Andras,

      Thanks for the feedback. The students will be happy to know their work is being
      seen!

      My first time using Posterous - it's been a bit of learning curve. First I made
      a public group and invited students, then found that no-one can leave comments,
      so I had to kill it and make a website instead. I thought the students could
      post without joining up - which they can, but then they can't comment on their
      classmates' work, so I had to get them to sign up anyway. 40 low level students,
      most with limited PC skills, in a room with only 36 machines... I'm shattered.

      And some 'pliceless' mistakes there! So much for the TBL idea that making work
      public causes students to 'upgrade' their language...!

      Clair

    • helen m davies
      Message 2 of 6 , May 25, 2011
        Hi Clair
        this took some time but a couple of my nice students finally commented on
        the "money" videos.
        They replied to sahoko, tatsumi, tomoyuki and ryohei (hope there's no
        spelling mistakes!)
        They didn't give any info about themselves, as they were very hesitant about
        replying to somebody's blog like that - they must have written me 3 emails
        checking that it was ok to do this !!
        By the way the pseudo "Crazy Banana" is Antoine - a very funny French pupil
        and is not suspect in any way ;))
        If yours want to try a reply to them ??? I'll leave it up to you !
        cheers
        Helen
        (France)

        On 18 May 2011 16:04, ClairMichelle <clairmichelletaylor@...> wrote:

        > Hello.
        >
        > I've had my students make animoto videos about the money they spent over a
        > few days. They've posted the vids to a Posterous page. If any of your
        > students would be interested to see how Japanese uni students spend their
        > money, please ask them to take a look, and leave some feedback or comments
        > or just a hello!
        >
        > This is the first time these students have published anything online.
        >
        > http://e4c.posterous.com/
        >
        > Best, clair

      • ClairMichelle Taylor
        Message 3 of 6 , May 25, 2011
          Hello Helen!

          Thanks so much! Today we had class and I had the students respond to comments.
          They were very excited! I showed them all the messages from webheads, too.

          Thanks everyone for feedback. We also had a class chat today about spellcheck...
          :-)

          Best, Clair