Student self-evaluation

  • dk
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2011
      A teacher asked about a question on a proposed student survey:

      >> 2. If they are university students, should they be answering questions
      like "I don't play with my phone or talk to others during lessons"?

      When the teacher raised a question about this question, my first reaction
      was, "Yeah, that is kind of childish behavior for college students."

      My second reaction was, "Well, many of them do play with phones." And I mean
      game

      My third reaction was, "Actually, this seems to be an issue in America,
      too."

      My fourth reaction was, "Should we fight this or should we try to channel it
      into the learning paradigm?"

      Some teachers are using student mobile phone use as a "Back Channel" and for
      'Voting" and "Polls". What do other teachers think?

      Ten years from now, will the mobile phone be banned, barred and banished
      from the classroom? Or will it be incorporated into instruction?

      Dave Kees

      Email - DAVEKEES@...

      Chat - Skype:DAVEKEES

      Blog - http://davekees.wordpress.com/

      TEFL TEACHERS

      Insights, ideas, opinions, tips, debates from TEFL teachers around the
      world!

      Blog - http://teflteachers.wordpress.com/