Re: Invitation to join in UAE to Brighton IATEFL connection Aug 16, 7 to 8 am GMT

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 17 12:29 AM
      Hi Ayat,

      Sorry you missed the session. We archived it here:
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/2011spring

      Here you can find the links to the recording

      * https://sas.elluminate.com/p.jnlp?psid=2011-04-16.0101.M.7AE801FFB697DA460D4BF25AA8C21B.vcr&sid=75
      * http://tinyurl.com/2011rak16apr

      There is another Learning2Gether event at the regular time today. This follows a cancellation by the speaker who was going to be with us, but no matter, there is always lots to experiment with. Today we're going to try out http://bluemarker.com

      Sunday, April 17 -

      BigMarker is free software running online that lets participants display voice and video, share screens, and of course text chat with one another. It has two modes, meeting space and presenter. Today we try out a meeting space created for Webheads to hang out in. No password is required to join in, but please wear a headset (your mic will activate automatically). I don't think it has a recording mode; we may have to make a screencast. The room is available for common use by anybody at any time 24/7. And anyone who can read a capcha can create his or her own room at http://bigmarker.com Thanks and acknowledgement to Nik Peachey for the tip on this space, yet another illustration of how knowledge disseminates through a PLN.

      When and where:

      * noon GMT, start gathering at http://tappedin.org for distance coordination and setup
      * 13:00 GMT, http://www.bigmarker.com/vances/wia

      Vance

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "ayattawel" <tooty5979@...> wrote:

      > Hi Vance,
      > I'm trying to join ur session but I can't find anybody, neither in Elluminate nor in Tapped in !!!!!!!
      > Is it cancelled or delayed??? or it's me having confusion with time????
      > AYAT

    • Vance
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 17 12:59 AM
        Hi everyone,

        I made a mistake in the note I just sent out, an unfortunate one, because there is a site called BlueMarker. However, I was confusing http://bigmarker.com with http://BigBlueButton.org A colleague thinks BigMarker and BigBlueButton are related but I'm not able to confirm that on Google.

        There's more information on the event today here:
        http://taedtech.ning.com/events/today-we-test-drive-bigmarker

        Hope to see you there. http://bigmarker.com is worth checking out,

        Vance