Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Learning together about ISTEK scheduled for April 10 at 17:30 GMT

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2011
      Mmm...just logged in for this event and found no
      one there. Then came back and re-read this email
      and saw "17:30 GMT (note, later time than usual,
      9:30 pm in UAE) in Elluminate".
      I'll be sound asleep by then :) Hope it goes
      well. I'll try and catch the recording.

      - Michael

      ----------

      At 03:38 PM 10/04/2011, you wrote:

      >Hi all,
      >
      >Don't forget about this event which is shaping
      >up quite nicely. In addition to Beyza who is
      >helping organize from Istanbul, Nik Peachey and
      >Isil Boy have agreed to join us. We've seen a
      >number of re-tweets, so it should be a F.U.N. event.
      >
      >Here is the notice at
      ><http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/volunteersneeded>http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/volunteersneeded
      >Beyza Yilmaz, Isil Boy, and some of their
      >colleagues will share with us their impressions
      >of the recent ISTEK conference in Istanbul April 1-2, 2011.
      >
      >Special guest: Nik Peachey
      ><http://technogogy.org.uk/pres.pdf>http://technogogy.org.uk/pres.pdf
      >
      >Some links:
      >* <http://elt.istek.org.tr/>http://elt.istek.org.tr/
      >* http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23istek
      >* <http://blogs.istek.org.tr/elt2011/>http://blogs.istek.org.tr/elt2011/
      >
      >When and where: 17:30 GMT (note, later time than
      >usual, 9:30 pm in UAE) in Elluminate
      >* <http://tinyurl.com/y3eh>http://tinyurl.com/y3eh
      >(or
      ><http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=273662>http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=273662)
      >* Time:
      ><http://tinyurl.com/2011apr24gmt1730>http://tinyurl.com/2011apr24gmt1730
      >or:
      ><http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Learning2gether+Live+Online+Webinar&iso=20110424T1730&ah=1>http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Learning2gether+Live+Online+Webinar&iso=20110424T1730&ah=1
      >

      >Announcements:
      >*
      ><http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evonline2002_webheads/message/27589>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evonline2002_webheads/message/27589
      >http://tinyurl.com/istek10apr11
      >*
      ><http://twitter.com/VanceS/status/55625655131443201>http://twitter.com/VanceS/status/55625655131443201
      >
      >* http://taedtech.ning.com/events/weekly-learning2gether-with
      >
      >--- In
      ><mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com,
      >"Vance" <vancestev@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I was really disappointed that I wasn't able
      > to get up to Istanbul for the ISTEK conference
      > last weekend. However, we can bring some of the
      > conference to us. For those who were there and
      > would like to continue, why not join us ...

    • Vance
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2011
        Hi all,

        First, my apologies for giving out erroneous information in my tweet yesterday. Elizabeth Anne and others did manage to do what Michael did and figure out the correct time AND even stay up for it :-)

        We had a great chat with Nik Peachey, Sue Lyon-Jones, Elizabeth Anne, Beyza Yilmaz and Isil Boy (and Evelyn Isquierdo and Yuri Vadreshko, at the start). Nik as usual was full of ideas and interesting tools, and he agreed to come back again and talk to us more about his ideas on digital literacies and connectivism with students.

        You can see/hear the recording here:

        * https://sas.elluminate.com/p.jnlp?psid=2011-04-10.1038.M.7AE801FFB697DA460D4BF25AA8C21B.vcr&sid=75
        * http://tinyurl.com/2011apr10peachey

        At some point I suggested we play tag games by asking volunteers who visited any sites mentioned to tag them 'istek11' in Delicous or Diigo (I had done a search already in Delicious and come up with no prior links -- well actually there was one link from Elizabeth Anne already there -- so this tag was perfect in that any items with that tag would likely be ours). I'm not sure how you search Diigo (not obvious at http://diigo.com) and I don't think anyone created any tags with Delicious during the session, but after the event wound down, I went back through the presentation to find sites mentioned and tagged them (and annotated them).

        To illustrate then: http://www.delicious.com/tag/istek11

        So this becomes a URL where anyone who wants to can highlight for anyone interested any link they think should be associated with this event. This link points at this writing to just the links I put there, though anyone on Delicious can tag sites relevant to this event and in so doing add them to this list.

        I use this technique in setting up a tag for any class I'm teaching. I'm going to blog more about that shortly, at http://justcurious.posterous.com

        Hope you enjoy the recording,
        Vance