Advice from a 2 linguists

  • karenmsiemens
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2011
      I found this discussion by two people who grew up monolingual and now are multilingual very interesting especially as most of their language learning was done outside a classroom and not necessarily in an immersion situation. Even though Robert's first language is not English, his English is almost perfect. The discussion is here:

      http://lingosteve.posterous.com/robert-and-steve-talk-about-language-learning

      Steve Kaufman is a Canadian diplomat (retired) and businessman who speaks 9 languages. He has a website for practicing languages at:

      http://www.lingq.com/

      I've used it a little for practicing French.

      Karen