Webheads and Webheads' HQ EduNation Second Life

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2011
      Dear avartarial Webheads � I mean Webheads with active avatars who are
      freguently or sometimes active in Second Life. I have been trying to get
      this message out for days but must do it now before I go off to the IATEFL
      conference in Brighton next week..

      First of all, thanks for signing on the wiki so kindly created for us by
      Vance. If there are still SL webheads who have not signed in, please do so
      at:

      (The list of avatar names)

      http://tinyurl.com/webhead-avatars

      <http://tinyurl.com/webhead-avatars>(It turns out that there is an earlier,
      parallel list started by Heike Philip and Vance has, I read, combined the
      two lists. But, spontaneously, let me suggest we stick to the above list for
      the time-being and deal with collated lists at a later point).

      In keeping with the wiki spirit, adding your names is something you can do
      for yourselves.

      As most of you know, there is a building in Second Life known as Webheads�
      HQ, kindly designated for the Webheads by the owners of the EduNation
      islands, Gwen Philp and Randall Sandler.

      When it was used extensively recently during the EVO VILLAGE 5-week
      workshop, I fell to thinking that it would not be inappropriate if a group
      of webheads took at least symbolic ownership of their SL homestead by
      putting up a sign, providing appropriate information and material of
      Webhead activities and by using it for occasional meetings or presentations.
      With regards to the last point I have already promised Vance to arrange
      talks, presentation there, inworld, every month or so in the context of his
      learning2gether initiative.

      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/

      These suggestions are all very well, but they are top down � they come
      primarily from me. So they are proposals, just an individual's proposals,
      and the idea of this message is to find out if there is any general
      agreement that increased activity by webheads centred around the weheads HQ
      in Second Life EduNation is a worthwhile idea.

      If you are at all interested in participating, just reply briefly to this
      message onlist, so that everyone is kept informed, and then I will call a
      meeting in Second Life � at the Webheads� HQ.

      I did put up a sign on the HQ - but it is rather pathetic. Who can replace
      it with something better?

      I've suggested above an inworld meeting even though I am going to be
      travelling for next three weeks. My instinct is that we should meet soon and
      decide on a plan of action - if there is some support for the initiative I
      am suggesting.

      Please mark your messages HQ to curry favour with my filters.

      Not for the first time: Thanks Heike and Randall.

      Osnacantab Dennis