Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Communities of Practice--goal

  • Don Carroll
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 31, 2003
      Dafne (et al),

      Thank you very much for your insights on this matter. I'm finding these
      discussion fascinating and the interaction wonderful I suppose, however,
      one could go one step further and ask if one always (again consciously)
      "decides to join" a CoP. In the case of an e-list or something like WIA
      there are indeed conscious steps required to join. But in the whole range
      of CoP's we have been discussing, most of which are not online, how one
      becomes a member may be much more nebulous.

      But perhaps all this is moving too far away from the "goal" of our
      discussion on online CoP's. I've just been trying to fray the edges a bit.

      --Don

      PS. Please keep in mind that all we newbies still need to pass through the
      "learn-by-doing" phase!!! : )