A summary of English Language Teaching blog posts

  • Karenne Sylvester
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2011
      Hi all,

      This month I wrote up a list of tips for using TED videos in conversation lessons and began a series of my favorite speeches. In response to a DM from one of my readers, I've laid out ideas for working with the vocabulary that comes up in our classes and talked about the problems with lavishing insincere praise on our students.

      In looking backwards to go forwards I explore the benefits of reviewing past posts and blogging statistics to learn more about ELT edublogging. I also present a set of google-fight pictures to show the importance of having a web 2.0 presence!

      http://bit.ly/heJjGf

      FROM THE ELT BLOGOSPHERE
      In a global summary of the world's best language teaching blogs I introduce the hottest topics currently in our industry: from the cost to teacher-trainers presenting at conference to the role of translation in the classroom; unplugging teacher development and the history of PPP.

      Links lead to language and culture infograpics showing how English is expanding; lessons with songs, language plants, mobile phones and youtube videos!

      http://bit.ly/heJjGfD

      Do hope some of this is useful to you - please don't hesitate to get in touch if you've any questions,

      Karenne