Listen & Write - adding materials

  • Foxdenuk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2011
      I love Listen and Write at www.listen-and-write.com and would like to add some audio of my own. But the website doesn't give instructions and I just can't get it to work. I can upload audio OK and I can add the transcript. The problem starts when I have divided the transcript into the separate sentences and need to match the audio snippet to the text. I just can't get it to work and now that I have wrongly assigned a piece of text to an audio snippet I just can't see any way of putting it right. Does anyone know of a set of step by step instructions for this tool?

      It looks as though it is possible to simply upload the audio and let the users make the transcript but I'm not sure that solves the problem of matching the text to the audio.

      Russell Stannard has made a video but that is mostly about how to use the site as a learner and as I say, the site itself is not very helpful and only provides a how to video aimed at users rather than contributors so any hints would be welcome as I'd like to make intensive use of this site.
      Yours tearing her hair out
      Anne
      Anne Fox