Happy New Year! Speed Geek in Elluminate this Sunday 1300 GMT

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2010
      Hi all, we plan to ring in the New Year with a discussion pertinent to the new year:
      FLNW: Future of Learning in a Networked World, featuring guests Michael Coghlan and Barbara Dieu

      Sunday, January 2, 2011
      13:00 GMT in Elluminate http://tinyurl.com/y3eh
      Announcment: http://taedtech.ning.com/events/sunday-speedgeek-future-of

      Bee (aka Barbara), Michael, and Vance met recently in Brazil to travel together to conferences in Sao Paolo and Brasilia http://braz2010vance.pbworks.com/ continuing on a reduced scale a movement known as FLNW, as indicated at http://tinyurl.com/flnw2010vance and where Bee updated http://flnw.wikispaces.com/Brazil.

      Today's "SpeedGeek" will continue our ongoing conversation. Michael's website at http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~michaelc/ is a time capsule of ongoing collaboration, starting more or less with EFI in 1997, where Michael, Vance, and Maggi Doty founded Webheads. It broaches professional development through TAFE, Voice Online (Michael is known as "the voice"), as well as Michael's consultancies, Articles/Presentations, and of course his music, with great songs such as "Happy Online". Bee blogs at http://beespace.net/ and her presentations and projects are linked from http://www.barbaradieu.com/. You are welcome to join us on Sunday.

      This event is a part of the ongoing (since 1998) Webheads in Action professional development series, most recently with the involvement of the TESOL Arabia EdTech SIG. The events take place at 13:00 GMT each Sunday (5 pm in UAE).

      The event actually starts at noon GMT (4 p.m. in the UAE) when teaching practitioners gather at http://tappedin.org for informal text chat. At 13:00 GMT (5 p.m. in the UAE) we move to the presentation venue.

      The event this week will take place in Elluminate http://tinyurl.com/y3eh
      Please note, Elluminate is generously provided to us by Learning Times, and prior registration is required (non-intrusive, takes only minutes).

      For more information please visit http://learning2gether.pbworks.com

      The Google Calendar showing these events is displayed at http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/calendar
      http://multiliteracies.ning.com/
      http://taedtech.ning.com

      Hope to see you there,
      Vance
    • Vance
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2011
        Hi everyone,

        Just to follow up on this there is an Elluminate recording at
        http://tinyurl.com/2011jan2flnw

        Enjoy,
        Vance

      • nina.lyulkun@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2011
          Thanks a lot Vance for the link. I wasn't able to join as run class at that
          time. Now I am listening to it. Fantastic!

          The best,
          Nina

          --
          *Nina Lyulkun* (Ukraine)
          http://tesol-ua.blogspot.com/

        • ElizabethHS
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2011
            Just a short reminder that you can now register for one of the great sessions of EVO 2011. Webheads are very active in many of the sessions, so you will see some familiar names as moderators.

            Descriptions of sessions and instructions for joining are found at
            <http://evosessions.pbworks.com/Call_for_Participation2011>

            There will be a live kick-off webcast on Sunday Jan. 16 -- details to follow.

            Cheers--
            --Elizabeth HS