City of Veils by Zoe Ferraris

  • John Hibbs
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2010
      Dear Webheads: Let me offer a wee, tiny, tiny, tiny "gift" to all of
      you -- the recommendation that you acquire and have the pleasure of a
      truly remarkable novel, City of Veils by Zoe Ferraris, The setting
      is in Jedda, Saudi Arabia; a murder mystery that in an of itself is
      quite good.

      But what is TRULY remarkable is the the author's "take" on the strict
      customs, especially for women, in the Kingdom. (I would be
      particularly interested in Vance and Buth's views, plus others who
      work in the Arab world.)
      You can find more here.

      http://tinyurl.com/CityOfVeils

      Happy Holidays

      John Hibbs
      skipper@...

      P.S. Up until this reading I thought John Valiant's The Tiger, which
      is set in the Far Eastern section of Siberia was the best read, for
      me, in 2010. Now I am not so sure.. In any case, some of you may
      recall, John Valiant's "The Golden Shrub", a must read for a good
      understanding of the Pacific Northwest of America. These three books
      make for fast, utterly enjoyable read -- in fact too fast?. All are
      downloadable if you have a e-reader. (I have a brand new Kindle, and
      am completely, utterly, hooked.

      The Tiger can be found via this link

      http://tinyurl.com/TheTigerValliant