Re: [evonline2002_webheads] IATEFL Conference 2011 - Brighton

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
      Carla. Wow! Kismet permitting, we shall meet at last. I am not presenting,
      but shall be there for the whole conference.

      Dennis Denos Osna Osnacantab Nesterov

      On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

      > Dear Webheads,
      >
      > Though I just love being at the TESOL Conference and I have enjoyed every
      > minute of the ones I could attend, next year I'll be at the IATEFL
      > Conference for the first time. Exciting!
      >
      > Beyza and I decided to create a wiki to start planning things and
      > connecting
      > to the ones going to IATEFL. It seems early, but it is never to early to
      > start, connect and share. So, we hope you join us there!
      > http://iatefl2011.pbworks.com/
      >
      > Carla
      >
      > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
      > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

      *

      Dennis Newson

      Formerly University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
      **

      Committee member | Discussion List Manager IATEFL YLT SIG

      Creator: YLTSIG NING | http://ylandtsig.ning.com/

      Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award

      Unrepentant grammarophobe

      YLTSIG Website: http://www.yltsig.org

      Yahoogroups: Subscribe:
      younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Subscribe%3Ayounglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

      Personal homepage: http://www.dennisnewson.de

      Skype: Osnacantab

      Second Life: Osnacantab Nesterov

      *

    • helen m davies
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
        Wow - hopefully I'll be able to catch up with some webheads too ! I hope to
        be in Brighton a couple of days (the first weekend)
        cheers
        Helen
        In snowy Grenoble

        On 2 December 2010 15:48, Dennis Newson <djn@...> wrote:

        > Carla. Wow! Kismet permitting, we shall meet at last. I am not presenting,
        > but shall be there for the whole conference.
        >

        > Dennis Denos Osna Osnacantab Nesterov
        >
        > On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Dear Webheads,
        > >
        > > Though I just love being at the TESOL Conference and I have enjoyed every
        > > minute of the ones I could attend, next year I'll be at the IATEFL
        > > Conference for the first time. Exciting!
        > >
        > > Beyza and I decided to create a wiki to start planning things and
        > > connecting
        > > to the ones going to IATEFL. It seems early, but it is never to early to
        > > start, connect and share. So, we hope you join us there!
        > > http://iatefl2011.pbworks.com/
        > >
        > > Carla
        > >
        > > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
        > > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

        > --
        > *
        >
        > Dennis Newson
        >
        > Formerly University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
        > **
        >
        > Committee member | Discussion List Manager IATEFL YLT SIG
        >
        > Creator: YLTSIG NING | http://ylandtsig.ning.com/
        >
        > Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award
        >
        > Unrepentant grammarophobe
        >

        > YLTSIG Website: http://www.yltsig.org
        >
        > Yahoogroups: Subscribe:
        > younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<
        > Subscribe%3Ayounglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Subscribe%253Ayounglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>
        > >

        > Personal homepage: http://www.dennisnewson.de
        >
        > Skype: Osnacantab
        >
        > Second Life: Osnacantab Nesterov
        >

        > *

      • Dennis Newson
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
          So. I get to meet both Carla AND Helen. Sorry, list -but we are providing
          examples of successful networking and, for those in SL - demonstrating that
          First and Second Life do join up sometimes.

          Dennis Denos etc.

          *

          Dennis Newson

          Formerly University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
          **

          Committee member | Discussion List Manager IATEFL YLT SIG

          Creator: YLTSIG NING | http://ylandtsig.ning.com/

          Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award

          Unrepentant grammarophobe

          YLTSIG Website: http://www.yltsig.org

          Yahoogroups: Subscribe:
          younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Subscribe%3Ayounglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

          Personal homepage: http://www.dennisnewson.de

          Skype: Osnacantab

          Second Life: Osnacantab Nesterov

          *

        • Mercedes Viola
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
            Hi,
            I'll go the IATEFL conference, too.
            Fortunately, I won the BESIG Facilitator Scholarship and will be able to attend.
            Hope to meet you all there
            Mercedes

            Arq. Mercedes Viola Deambrosis
            Directora
            4D Content English
            Circunvalación Durango 1429 of. 501
            Montevideo - Uruguay
            Tel: (598 2) 9161496
            www.4d.edu.uy
            Please consider the planet before printing this email.
            Antes de imprimir, piensa en el medio ambiente.

            *

            Dennis Newson

            Formerly University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
            **

            Committee member | Discussion List Manager IATEFL YLT SIG

            Creator: YLTSIG NING | http://ylandtsig.ning.com/

            Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award

            Unrepentant grammarophobe

            YLTSIG Website: http://www.yltsig.org

            Yahoogroups: Subscribe:
            younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Subscribe%3Ayounglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

            Personal homepage: http://www.dennisnewson.de

            Skype: Osnacantab

            Second Life: Osnacantab Nesterov

            *

          • beyzaylmaz
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
              Dear Mercedes, Dennis, Helen and Carla,

              I look forward to meeting you in person.

              Best,

              Beyza

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Mercedes Viola <mercedesviola@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              > I'll go the IATEFL conference, too.
              > Fortunately, I won the BESIG Facilitator Scholarship and will be able to attend.
              > Hope to meet you all there
              > Mercedes
              >
              > Arq. Mercedes Viola Deambrosis
              > Directora
              > 4D Content English
              > Circunvalación Durango 1429 of. 501
              > Montevideo - Uruguay
              > Tel: (598 2) 9161496
              > www.4d.edu.uy
              > Please consider the planet before printing this email.
              > Antes de imprimir, piensa en el medio ambiente.

            • Graham Stanley
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
                Great idea, Carla & Beyza!

                I'm really looking forward to going to Brighton in 2011 too - I think
                you'll like the IATEFL conference, Carla - the Brighton one in particular is
                shaping up to be something special - it'll be even more special with lots of
                Webheads there.

                Best wishes,

                Graham

                On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

                > Dear Webheads,
                >
                > Though I just love being at the TESOL Conference and I have enjoyed every
                > minute of the ones I could attend, next year I'll be at the IATEFL
                > Conference for the first time. Exciting!
                >
                > Beyza and I decided to create a wiki to start planning things and
                > connecting
                > to the ones going to IATEFL. It seems early, but it is never to early to
                > start, connect and share. So, we hope you join us there!
                > http://iatefl2011.pbworks.com/
                >
                > Carla
                >
                > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
                > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

              • anisoara_pp
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
                  Hi Carla,
                  I'll be there, too.
                  Can't waiting meeting you and other webheads,
                  Anisoara Pop

                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

                  > Dear Webheads,
                  >
                  > Though I just love being at the TESOL Conference and I have enjoyed every
                  > minute of the ones I could attend, next year I'll be at the IATEFL
                  > Conference for the first time. Exciting!
                  >
                  > Beyza and I decided to create a wiki to start planning things and connecting
                  > to the ones going to IATEFL. It seems early, but it is never to early to
                  > start, connect and share. So, we hope you join us there!
                  > http://iatefl2011.pbworks.com/
                  >
                  > Carla
                  >
                  > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
                  > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

                • sue annan
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
                    This is gearing up to be an amazing meet-up of webheads.

                    I am going to Brighton too.

                    Look forward to seeing you all there

                    Cheers

                    Sue

                    --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com> , Mercedes Viola <mercedesviola@...> wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    > I'll go the IATEFL conference, too.
                    > Fortunately, I won the BESIG Facilitator Scholarship and will be able to attend.
                    > Hope to meet you all there
                    > Mercedes
                    >
                    > Arq. Mercedes Viola Deambrosis
                    > Directora
                    > 4D Content English
                    > Circunvalación Durango 1429 of. 501
                    > Montevideo - Uruguay
                    > Tel: (598 2) 9161496
                    > www.4d.edu.uy
                    > ïï€ Please consider the planet before printing this email.
                    > Antes de imprimir, piensa en el medio ambiente.

                  • Carla arena
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
                      Wow, guys, this if fantastic!

                      I can´t wait to be there and hug you all, plus having a wonderful Webhead
                      meetup.

                      See you soon in Brighton and let´s start sharing in the wiki.

                      Beijos,

                      On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM, sue annan <sue.annan@...> wrote:

                      > This is gearing up to be an amazing meet-up of webheads.
                      >
                      > I am going to Brighton too.
                      >
                      > Look forward to seeing you all there
                      >
                      > Cheers
                      >
                      > Sue

                    • Moira Hunter
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
                        Hi all,
                        I'm catching up with the emails.  Although I was too late for the CfP, (I think unless there was an extension?), as I'm in the UK before that for other professional reasons, and then I'm in the south (on holiday), I'll be going to IATEFL.  So this will be great to meet up with old friends and meet new ones!  Looking forward to it!!
                        Moira

                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
                          I won't be attending IATEFL (not in the flesh, at least - maybe online), but I live near Brighton and I'd love to have the chance to meet up with whoever is there. Will there be something I could sneak into?

                          Best wishes from snowed-up Sussex,

                          Michael
                          Michael Shade
                          michael@...