IATEFL Conference 2011 - Brighton

  • Carla arena
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
      Dear Webheads,

      Though I just love being at the TESOL Conference and I have enjoyed every
      minute of the ones I could attend, next year I'll be at the IATEFL
      Conference for the first time. Exciting!

      Beyza and I decided to create a wiki to start planning things and connecting
      to the ones going to IATEFL. It seems early, but it is never to early to
      start, connect and share. So, we hope you join us there!
      http://iatefl2011.pbworks.com/

      Carla

      http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
      Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

    • Dennis Newson
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
        Carla. Wow! Kismet permitting, we shall meet at last. I am not presenting,
        but shall be there for the whole conference.

        Dennis Denos Osna Osnacantab Nesterov

        On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

        > Dear Webheads,
        >
        > Though I just love being at the TESOL Conference and I have enjoyed every
        > minute of the ones I could attend, next year I'll be at the IATEFL
        > Conference for the first time. Exciting!
        >
        > Beyza and I decided to create a wiki to start planning things and
        > connecting
        > to the ones going to IATEFL. It seems early, but it is never to early to
        > start, connect and share. So, we hope you join us there!
        > http://iatefl2011.pbworks.com/
        >
        > Carla
        >
        > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
        > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

        *

        Dennis Newson

        Formerly University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
        **

        Committee member | Discussion List Manager IATEFL YLT SIG

        Creator: YLTSIG NING | http://ylandtsig.ning.com/

        Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award

        Unrepentant grammarophobe

        YLTSIG Website: http://www.yltsig.org

        Yahoogroups: Subscribe:
        younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Subscribe%3Ayounglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

        Personal homepage: http://www.dennisnewson.de

        Skype: Osnacantab

        Second Life: Osnacantab Nesterov

        *

      • helen m davies
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
          Wow - hopefully I'll be able to catch up with some webheads too ! I hope to
          be in Brighton a couple of days (the first weekend)
          cheers
          Helen
          In snowy Grenoble

          On 2 December 2010 15:48, Dennis Newson <djn@...> wrote:

          > Carla. Wow! Kismet permitting, we shall meet at last. I am not presenting,
          > but shall be there for the whole conference.
          >

          > Dennis Denos Osna Osnacantab Nesterov
          >
          > On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Dear Webheads,
          > >
          > > Though I just love being at the TESOL Conference and I have enjoyed every
          > > minute of the ones I could attend, next year I'll be at the IATEFL
          > > Conference for the first time. Exciting!
          > >
          > > Beyza and I decided to create a wiki to start planning things and
          > > connecting
          > > to the ones going to IATEFL. It seems early, but it is never to early to
          > > start, connect and share. So, we hope you join us there!
          > > http://iatefl2011.pbworks.com/
          > >
          > > Carla
          > >
          > > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
          > > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

          > --
          > *
          >
          > Dennis Newson
          >
          > Formerly University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
          > **
          >
          > Committee member | Discussion List Manager IATEFL YLT SIG
          >
          > Creator: YLTSIG NING | http://ylandtsig.ning.com/
          >
          > Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award
          >
          > Unrepentant grammarophobe
          >

          > YLTSIG Website: http://www.yltsig.org
          >
          > Yahoogroups: Subscribe:
          > younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<
          > Subscribe%3Ayounglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Subscribe%253Ayounglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>
          > >

          > Personal homepage: http://www.dennisnewson.de
          >
          > Skype: Osnacantab
          >
          > Second Life: Osnacantab Nesterov
          >

          > *

        • Dennis Newson
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
            So. I get to meet both Carla AND Helen. Sorry, list -but we are providing
            examples of successful networking and, for those in SL - demonstrating that
            First and Second Life do join up sometimes.

            Dennis Denos etc.

            *

            Dennis Newson

            Formerly University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
            **

            Committee member | Discussion List Manager IATEFL YLT SIG

            Creator: YLTSIG NING | http://ylandtsig.ning.com/

            Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award

            Unrepentant grammarophobe

            YLTSIG Website: http://www.yltsig.org

            Yahoogroups: Subscribe:
            younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Subscribe%3Ayounglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

            Personal homepage: http://www.dennisnewson.de

            Skype: Osnacantab

            Second Life: Osnacantab Nesterov

            *

          • Mercedes Viola
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
              Hi,
              I'll go the IATEFL conference, too.
              Fortunately, I won the BESIG Facilitator Scholarship and will be able to attend.
              Hope to meet you all there
              Mercedes

              Arq. Mercedes Viola Deambrosis
              Directora
              4D Content English
              Circunvalación Durango 1429 of. 501
              Montevideo - Uruguay
              Tel: (598 2) 9161496
              www.4d.edu.uy
              Please consider the planet before printing this email.
              Antes de imprimir, piensa en el medio ambiente.

              *

              Dennis Newson

              Formerly University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
              **

              Committee member | Discussion List Manager IATEFL YLT SIG

              Creator: YLTSIG NING | http://ylandtsig.ning.com/

              Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award

              Unrepentant grammarophobe

              YLTSIG Website: http://www.yltsig.org

              Yahoogroups: Subscribe:
              younglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Subscribe%3Ayounglearners-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

              Personal homepage: http://www.dennisnewson.de

              Skype: Osnacantab

              Second Life: Osnacantab Nesterov

              *

            • beyzaylmaz
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
                Dear Mercedes, Dennis, Helen and Carla,

                I look forward to meeting you in person.

                Best,

                Beyza

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Mercedes Viola <mercedesviola@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                > I'll go the IATEFL conference, too.
                > Fortunately, I won the BESIG Facilitator Scholarship and will be able to attend.
                > Hope to meet you all there
                > Mercedes
                >
                > Arq. Mercedes Viola Deambrosis
                > Directora
                > 4D Content English
                > Circunvalación Durango 1429 of. 501
                > Montevideo - Uruguay
                > Tel: (598 2) 9161496
                > www.4d.edu.uy
                > Please consider the planet before printing this email.
                > Antes de imprimir, piensa en el medio ambiente.

              • Graham Stanley
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
                  Great idea, Carla & Beyza!

                  I'm really looking forward to going to Brighton in 2011 too - I think
                  you'll like the IATEFL conference, Carla - the Brighton one in particular is
                  shaping up to be something special - it'll be even more special with lots of
                  Webheads there.

                  Best wishes,

                  Graham

                  On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

                  > Dear Webheads,
                  >
                  > Though I just love being at the TESOL Conference and I have enjoyed every
                  > minute of the ones I could attend, next year I'll be at the IATEFL
                  > Conference for the first time. Exciting!
                  >
                  > Beyza and I decided to create a wiki to start planning things and
                  > connecting
                  > to the ones going to IATEFL. It seems early, but it is never to early to
                  > start, connect and share. So, we hope you join us there!
                  > http://iatefl2011.pbworks.com/
                  >
                  > Carla
                  >
                  > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
                  > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

                • anisoara_pp
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
                    Hi Carla,
                    I'll be there, too.
                    Can't waiting meeting you and other webheads,
                    Anisoara Pop

                    --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

                    > Dear Webheads,
                    >
                    > Though I just love being at the TESOL Conference and I have enjoyed every
                    > minute of the ones I could attend, next year I'll be at the IATEFL
                    > Conference for the first time. Exciting!
                    >
                    > Beyza and I decided to create a wiki to start planning things and connecting
                    > to the ones going to IATEFL. It seems early, but it is never to early to
                    > start, connect and share. So, we hope you join us there!
                    > http://iatefl2011.pbworks.com/
                    >
                    > Carla
                    >
                    > http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
                    > Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

                  • sue annan
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
                      This is gearing up to be an amazing meet-up of webheads.

                      I am going to Brighton too.

                      Look forward to seeing you all there

                      Cheers

                      Sue

                      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com> , Mercedes Viola <mercedesviola@...> wrote:

                      > Hi,
                      > I'll go the IATEFL conference, too.
                      > Fortunately, I won the BESIG Facilitator Scholarship and will be able to attend.
                      > Hope to meet you all there
                      > Mercedes
                      >
                      > Arq. Mercedes Viola Deambrosis
                      > Directora
                      > 4D Content English
                      > Circunvalación Durango 1429 of. 501
                      > Montevideo - Uruguay
                      > Tel: (598 2) 9161496
                      > www.4d.edu.uy
                      > ïï€ Please consider the planet before printing this email.
                      > Antes de imprimir, piensa en el medio ambiente.

                    • Carla arena
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
                        Wow, guys, this if fantastic!

                        I can´t wait to be there and hug you all, plus having a wonderful Webhead
                        meetup.

                        See you soon in Brighton and let´s start sharing in the wiki.

                        Beijos,

                        On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM, sue annan <sue.annan@...> wrote:

                        > This is gearing up to be an amazing meet-up of webheads.
                        >
                        > I am going to Brighton too.
                        >
                        > Look forward to seeing you all there
                        >
                        > Cheers
                        >
                        > Sue

                      • Moira Hunter
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
                          Hi all,
                          I'm catching up with the emails.  Although I was too late for the CfP, (I think unless there was an extension?), as I'm in the UK before that for other professional reasons, and then I'm in the south (on holiday), I'll be going to IATEFL.  So this will be great to meet up with old friends and meet new ones!  Looking forward to it!!
                          Moira

                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
                            I won't be attending IATEFL (not in the flesh, at least - maybe online), but I live near Brighton and I'd love to have the chance to meet up with whoever is there. Will there be something I could sneak into?

                            Best wishes from snowed-up Sussex,

                            Michael
                            Michael Shade
                            michael@...