Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Webheads:You are my strength!

  • Carla arena
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 1, 2010
      My dearest Hala,

      Your account of what you've achieved is surely an example to all of us.
      You've shown us that there's no adverse conditions that can't be overcome
      with passion, persistence and an ideal, the belief that, Yes, we can change
      the world, or at least, the world around us.

      I'm here in Brazil feeling very touched by your accomplishments and waiting
      for much more to come! You rock just like any Webhead here.

      Beijos,
      Carla

      http://collablogatorium.blogspot.com
      Contributor of http://pocketcultures.com

      On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >

      > Lawan
      > Dalha offered to get my free copy sent from Canada, to Nigeria and send it
      > back
      > to me, because it can�t be shipped directly to Sudan.
      >
      > In May,
      > 2010, I got my PhD on blended learning, the first on blended learning in
      > Sudan.
      > You are the ones who taught me the first steps on the online learning path.
      >
      > In July,
      > got a certificate from the American English Institute, University of Oregon
      > with very high grade:
      >
      > http://umbc.uoregon.edu/eteacher/webskills/index.html
      >
      > http://e-hala-course.blogspot.com/
      >
      > In
      > August, 2010, during my 38 week pregnancy, I had participated as a trainer
      > for
      > one day in a workshop with the British Council and University of Khartoum:
      >
      > http://ictineltsudan.pbworks.com/w/page/27984456/Day-3
      >
      > I�ve learned
      > from you how to succeed, in spite of the challenges and obstacles, I face.
      >
      > You
      > taught me it�s O.K. to ask for help. You showed me how one should always
      > lend a
      > helping hand. When I did ask for help, Carla was there for me:
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlcZ5WazfQ&feature=player_embedded
      >
      > Nellie,
      > always ready to extend a helping hand, was there too:
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9OoSdXzWLo&feature=player_embedded
      >
      > Teresa,
      > Cris and others responded and didn�t want to leave me alone, so they
      > dropped
      > by:
      >
      > http://todaysmeet.com/ictinelt-sudan
      >
      > Even
      > those who apologized were sad for not being able to make it. (Thanks
      > Graham!)
      >
      > In October, looking for a better life,
      > I moved to Saudi Arabia to work at Yanbu University College. Guess what? I
      > thought about �webehads� the minute I laid my eyes on my new teaching
      > schedule �Educational
      > Technology� course was among other linguistics courses. I was told that
      > only last
      > year this course started, and it was not a success. Now, I am nominated for
      > the
      > position of the e-learning Coordinator for the female campus.
      >
      > And now,
      > as part of introducing my students to synchronous tools, I asked Buth to
      > present
      > about her projects with her students, as
      > we share the same context in some way. She accepted! The presentation will
      > be at
      > Ellumiante next week.
      >
      > Thank
      > you for everything that you�ve done for me, for my life, my career. You
      > were
      > there to help me whenever I needed you. For all the dreams you made come

    • anisoara_pp
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 22, 2010
        Dear Hala,
        thank you for your students' comments.
        I will certainly ask my students to comment on your students' blogs and I'd like to do it myself if you could give me the links.

        With all the best wishes,
        Anisoara